Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Please have a look at the questionnaire page if you have a spare minute.

media

Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: Uterine prolapse and cystocele  (Read 4814 times)

choc57

Re: Uterine prolapse and cystocele
« Reply #15 on: November 02, 2018, 08:30:18 PM »

Wow I've not come across this before. Thank you I'll keep it mind. I've got a telephone appointment with my GP next Tuesday as there was no appointment available at all apart from with a male doctor in one months' time. It's 9 years since I was seen at the hospital so I'm hoping my GP doesn't insist on having to see me before she can refer me. I was discharged at the time but told I should come back if things got worse which is stated in the letter sent from the consultant to the GP. I think I'll scream if she needs to see me as I've been waiting for 2 weeks for the phone appointment x

Winterose

« Reply #16 on: November 06, 2018, 10:18:07 AM »

How annoying Annie that you are allergic to latex. Have a look at the website as there are lots of different pessarys. I just liked that one as it was so easy to use and inflating to fit made sense. Try and follow it up though as once you have one that works it's just such a good feeling. You really feel young again.
So sorry to hear about your stillbirth experience ,what a horrible experience.

Annie0710

« Reply #17 on: November 06, 2018, 06:04:37 PM »

Thanks Winterose x

choc57

« Reply #18 on: November 20, 2018, 12:34:55 PM »

When I spoke on the phone to my GP two weeks ago she said that she needed to see me before she could refer me back to the hospital. I've just seen her and she said that if I was referred back it would be for surgery. She thinks I am too young for a ring pessary and should consider surgery as the ring would interfere with intercourse. I decided to try a ring first and see what it would be like as she told me that they still use mesh in the ops. I then found that I've to wait until January 24th to be seen by a nurse to have a ring fitted and the ring will only hold up my uterus not my bladder but it might improve things with my bladder.
I'm now wondering if I should have gone straight for the referral although surgery scares me.
Has anyone had a pessary fitted and still had successful intercourse? Has anyone had surgery which has been successful? x

Maryjane

« Reply #19 on: November 20, 2018, 01:11:12 PM »

The BIGGEST myth is your to young for a ring pessary. I know 20 year olds using them.

Just don't have mesh, tape or ribbon however they want to fluff it up.

If you have FB there are two excellent groups to join as knowledge is power.

Sling the mesh

Pessaries and pelvic organ prolapse.

Wealth of knowledge on both sites.

Annie0710

« Reply #20 on: November 20, 2018, 01:25:41 PM »

My pessary wasn't fitted.  It looked and felt like a dog toy lol.  I just used to pop it in in the morning and take it out at night, and of course pop it back in anytime the damn thing pinged out if I exerted myself ! X

choc57

« Reply #21 on: November 20, 2018, 02:03:07 PM »

Thanks Mary Jane I'll have a look on FB. I've been looking online at how they're fitted as my GP said it would be just inside my vagina and not leaving much space for sex but they look to be fitted much higher.
Oh gosh Annie lets hope they've improved! x

choc57

« Reply #22 on: November 20, 2018, 02:13:33 PM »

Right I've applied to join both groups. I had no idea of their existence, thank you. It's interesting that you should know of much younger women having pessaries. My GP said I was far too young (at 61) and it was normally only over 75s who have them but said I could try one if I liked. I was surprised that a referral to the hospital was only for surgery. I'd have thought they would have dealt with pessaries too. She showed me the one I would be fitted with and it's a ring but online I've been reading about one called a Gehrung which seems to do the job of holding up both bladder and uterus whereas the ring will only hold up my uterus. Wonder if Gehrungs are not available on the NHS? x

Winterose

« Reply #23 on: November 29, 2018, 05:43:58 PM »

The inflataball stays in all day and I take it out every night. Bit like a tampon really . Rarely pops out but is easily slid back into place. I feel if I'd known about pessaries when I first had minor indications of prolapse I wouldn't have ended having a hysterectomy. Prolaps3 was fine for a while but then symptoms returned . I personally would avoid surgery until there are some better alternatives . 😀

EnglishRose

« Reply #24 on: December 01, 2018, 11:07:32 PM »

Forgive my ignorance
My mum had a full hysterectomy in her mid 40s including cervix.. she was put on Oestrogen patches and said she'd never felt better
However no in her 70s and in a great deal of discomfort with proplaps into vagina...
keep your cervix I think is the moral of the story

X

Taz2

« Reply #25 on: December 02, 2018, 12:13:01 AM »

Is it her vaginal walls which have prolapsed ER?

Taz x

Annie0710

« Reply #26 on: December 02, 2018, 07:55:37 AM »

I couldn't keep my cervix, it was at the entrance of the vagina and got very sore .  After delivering my 4th baby they had to push the cervix back up as they said it had come out ! X
Pages: 1 [2]