Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Menopause Matters magazine ISSUE 76 out now. (Summer issue, June 2024)

media

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4

Author Topic: Really struggling with anxiety  (Read 7066 times)

Blot

Re: Really struggling with anxiety
« Reply #30 on: October 23, 2018, 04:17:10 PM »

I think it is hard to say whether hormones play a role in my anxiety BlueButterfly. When I said I felt great that day, I meant that my symptoms were almost gone, I still felt very uneasy and anxious.

What do you mean by emergency medication? Diazepam or something? My anxiety has turned into depression I fear.  :'(

BlueButterfly

« Reply #31 on: October 23, 2018, 05:11:58 PM »

Yes, something like that for an emergency medicine. I have Xanax, alprazolam. My anxiety is turning into depression as well. I feel like if I could get the anxiety under control then it would help the depression but I don't know until I try it. I'm thinking of heading back to counseling as well.

Even on my good days where I feel almost normal, I still have odd things like a pounding heart or such. I'm starting to think it might be underlying anxiety, always just there....waiting.  :'(
« Last Edit: October 23, 2018, 05:36:05 PM by BlueButterfly »

AgathaC

« Reply #32 on: October 23, 2018, 05:17:56 PM »

Yes, it's there a lot. Today has been a good and busy day but about two hours ago I felt Anxiety come in to the room, as it were. It feels like it's behind me and I try to ignore it but I can't. Now it's in my stomach and I feel sick and shaky and tearful. Ugh.

BlueButterfly

« Reply #33 on: October 24, 2018, 02:34:48 AM »

Yes, it's there a lot. Today has been a good and busy day but about two hours ago I felt Anxiety come in to the room, as it were. It feels like it's behind me and I try to ignore it but I can't. Now it's in my stomach and I feel sick and shaky and tearful. Ugh.

I'm so sorry! I understand so much. Loved your description though. It's so spot on.

Blot

« Reply #34 on: October 24, 2018, 07:08:17 AM »

Doctor number 2 appointment this morning. See what she has to say if anything.
I'm going to try and get this anxiety sorted because I've had 3 months of non stop worrying and I'm depressed now as well. I truly don't think it's hormonal, its just me but will see what doc has to say.
Terrified that antidepressants will make me worse to start with as they often do. But I don't think I can feel any worse than i already do. When I have taken them in the past they didn't make me worse but I was rock bottom when I took them.
I really can't take any time off work sick though so hope I can handle them.

« Last Edit: October 24, 2018, 07:37:17 AM by Blot »

jaypo

« Reply #35 on: October 24, 2018, 07:55:04 AM »

Hi there,will you let us know how you got on at gp? You sound like so many of us, my anxiety is causing me to lose so much weight,panic attacks through the night,I'm not coping. I have dr on Monday re a recurring gut infection also diverticulitis so needless to say I think weight loss might be something else.have you lost weight?
Anyway very good luck for today

Blot

« Reply #36 on: October 24, 2018, 08:59:59 AM »

Yes I've lost weight but just because I'm not eating.

I've been in and doc was lovely. Said to stick with them and it could be 2 or 3 months before I see any effect. Also said it was fine to use 2 tablets twice a week if I wanted so u suppose every other night would be OK.
She mentioned the British Menopause Society and said I could have hrt patches and to think about it.

I was a total wreck in there though. Crying and forgot to ask about the cream if I can't tolerate the vagifem but I feel happier about seeing her. She gave me propranolol as well as I'm so upset - please don't give me horror stories about that. Can't cope with any more things to worry about. I might not even take them but just knowing I have them helps.

I've also come off the VA Facebook page because it is just upsetting me more. Too many bad stories and I need good things and encouragement.
« Last Edit: October 24, 2018, 09:22:11 AM by Blot »

jaypo

« Reply #37 on: October 24, 2018, 10:22:41 AM »

I'm taking nothing bar herbal remedies so it would be good to hear how you get on with it all.
You're like me,I've got all these things I want to tell dr but get so upset & flustered I forget to tell her half the things I want to say,mind you I'd be in there most of the day if I wanted to tell her everything  ;D
Anyway fingers crossed you start to feel better soon xx

Blot

« Reply #38 on: October 24, 2018, 10:45:43 AM »

Yes Jaypo, upset and flustered just about sums me up. I can't have an intelligent conversation at the moment and that's why I wanted my OH to come with me but he wouldn't  :(

What herbal remedies are you taking?

Snoooze

« Reply #39 on: October 24, 2018, 04:09:19 PM »

I've been in and doc was lovely. Said to stick with them and it could be 2 or 3 months before I see any effect. Also said it was fine to use 2 tablets twice a week if I wanted so u suppose every other night would be OK.
She mentioned the British Menopause Society and said I could have hrt patches and to think about it.

I was a total wreck in there though. Crying and forgot to ask about the cream if I can't tolerate the vagifem but I feel happier about seeing her. She gave me propranolol as well as I'm so upset - please don't give me horror stories about that. Can't cope with any more things to worry about. I might not even take them but just knowing I have them helps.

I've also come off the VA Facebook page because it is just upsetting me more. Too many bad stories and I need good things and encouragement.

Hi Blot,
I remember another member was going to CBT and they advised her to come off this forum for a while as it was making her anxiety worse. I sometimes have to take a break as I have anxiety/health anxiety and reading some things can make me worse!
I hope the medication work for you and you start to see an improvement. Good luck.

Blot

« Reply #40 on: October 24, 2018, 04:42:56 PM »

I can understand that Snooze. My husband doesn't think I should be on here because I'm seeking reassurance and you don't always get it so it makes me worse. Everybody's different and there will always be someone who has a negative experience and unfortunately when you are anxious, that's the one you take note of.

Probably a good idea to step back a bit but it's easier said than done.

Snoooze

« Reply #41 on: October 24, 2018, 05:05:44 PM »

Yes it's a difficult one. But I'm keeping my fingers crossed for you that you start to see an improvement.

Blot

« Reply #42 on: October 24, 2018, 05:31:22 PM »

Thank you x

Katejo

« Reply #43 on: October 24, 2018, 06:40:17 PM »

Hi Blot  When you mention the GP's advice to continue with them, are you referring to the Vagifem? Did the doctor say anything about the irritation?. I had irritation problems with the Estriol cream. I tried taking bicarb of soda dissolved in water yesterday and this morning. it did help and the irritation has just about cleared up but I haven't inserted a Vagifem today.
I think i might contact the British menopause society myself.

jaypo

« Reply #44 on: October 24, 2018, 08:54:39 PM »

I'm taking valarian,Bach remedy drops & one other forgotten it's name,an old Indian remedy,its early days yet but I've got to try
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4