Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Follow us on Twitter and Facebook

media

Author Topic: Hysterectomy and Peri/Meno/HRT Advice Please  (Read 712 times)

Bobidy

Hysterectomy and Peri/Meno/HRT Advice Please
« on: February 26, 2019, 08:55:37 AM »

Hi

I'm 44 and due to have a laparoscopic / vaginal hysterectomy leaving the ovaries in April / May 2019 due to fibroids and polyps and all that comes with it.

I'd really like to hear some positive experiences please.

I'm due to start Oestrogel after the operation to help with peri symptoms I've had for the last 18 months. I think I also might have some atrophy symptoms starting but it is difficult to know what is fibroid/polyps related at the mo.

Can I check how soon after the op you started HRT. I have been told that I can start Oestrogel straight away but I'm just a bit wary of doing it too soon?

Can I check how soon after the op you started VA treatment?

How did you know you were post menopausal as the bleeding stops at hysterectomy?

Thanks in advance x

jaypo

Re: Hysterectomy and Peri/Meno/HRT Advice Please
« Reply #1 on: February 26, 2019, 04:29:00 PM »

Hi there, I had a vaginal hysterectomy,also left ovaries,it really was the best thing I ever did,only regret was not doing it sooner,as fibroids were making my life hell, I was up on my feet the next day,taking a shower etc,no pain whatsoever.
Sorry,I'm not on hrt so can't comment but as for post menopause etc,as the ovaries were left, I was still getting symptoms as if I were having a period,sore breasts,back,etc,every month,then the sore boobs would only be there every now and again,then no sore boobs at all but of course that's when the hot flushes started but they're bearable a pest but bearable.
All the best and don't worry, it's a very routine op and done vaginally really does make it all the easier to recover from

jaypo

« Reply #2 on: February 26, 2019, 06:37:38 PM »

That's ok,yes it's major surgery but it really is so much quicker and easier these days and done vaginally is soooooo much better,obviously you've still to take it easy and not allowed to drive etc but I felt back to normal in a week.good luck and hopefully you'll tell us how you are🌹

Yorkshire Girl

« Reply #3 on: February 26, 2019, 08:38:04 PM »

Hi Bobidy
After my total abdominal hysterectomy with both ovaries removed due to PMDD. Not quite the same as you but if you're interested I had to wait 6 weeks before starting HRT, hard going as I was in surgical menopause and having to cope with hot flushes and night sweats. Good luck x