Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Got a story to tell for the magazine? Get in touch with the editor!

media

Author Topic: weird periods  (Read 3273 times)

hewitt13

weird periods
« on: December 16, 2012, 10:34:55 PM »

Hi folks,
Started to get heavy periods a good few months ago. getting worse with clots and needed pills to help stop them after nearly three weeks.Now having them bout every two weeks or bit less,though the last one wasnt heavy as the others. Just wanted to know if this is normal or something to worry about.
Many thanks,
Kim.x

flushtered

Re: weird periods
« Reply #1 on: December 17, 2012, 09:35:08 PM »

Hi hewitt13 and  :welcomemm:

From what I've read on this forum, it sounds normal.  I've had times of heavy bleeding, light periods, no period followed by hot flushes but I've not experienced a period that went on for weeks - thank goodness.  Others have though and I'm sure they will be along for a chat soon.

Machair

« Reply #2 on: December 18, 2012, 10:34:29 AM »

I have certainly seen a change in my periods over the last few years here are my last few cycles-

January 2012-----------------------28 days gap------------7 day bleed

February 2012------------------------30 days gap ---- 7 days bleed

March 2012-------------------------32 days gap-----------------7 days bleed

April 2012----------------------------28 days------ 14 days long bleed ( then long cycle next)

May 2012-----------------------------39 days--------------6 days short bleed  (short cycle next)

June 2012------------------------------24 days--------------7 days

July 2012 ------------------------------30 days-------------8 days

August 2012----------------------------31 days---   15 days long bleed  (long cycle next)

September 2012-----------------------40 days------ 22 days very light but long bleed (long cycle next)

October 2012---------------------------46 days – 6 days ( short cycle next)

November 2012--------------------------14 days gap – 29 days ( long bleed and still waiting for next period- now on day 43!)

As you can see I am far from regular in terms of length or gaps but what I have noticed is long periods of bleeding are followed by long gaps and short periods of 5 or 6 days mean that I will start early after 2-3 weeks.There is a pattern buried beneath the chaos!

Hope this helps
xx

Charys

Machair - you still around ?
« Reply #3 on: October 17, 2018, 06:58:32 PM »

I am so glad I finally found the post made by Machair, which I read months ago, but couldn't find again. It has really helped me, as after keeping a diary this last year and a half I have found myself experiencing exactly the same pattern. Short bleeds always followed by short length cycles and long bleeds followed by long cycles. I have been trying to figure out if I had found some sort of pattern - and indeed I have. My diary reads similar to Machair's post above ! However, if you are still around , and I know this was posted in 2012 (ages and ages ago), how did you progress from this point? I had a 17 day bleed last cycle and now on day 41 and waiting....... :o

Machair

« Reply #4 on: October 18, 2018, 04:39:39 PM »

Hi Charys
Well my periods became less and less eventually, and I really hope I am now on the home straight as my last one was Feb and I had PMT in June which never came to anything. So as it stands at the moment my last period was 57, but I am not feeling post as I have no vaginal dryness yet. From 52 things changed in the way you mention for me, but as the years went by I seemed to be full of even more oestrogen at times with copious stretchy mucus and light bleeding here and there, always followed by PMT which sometimes lasted for weeks. How old are you? Everyone has a different experience. I would always say ask the GP if you are worried about your bleeding patterns as of course my experience may not be yours for the same reasons.x

Charys

« Reply #5 on: October 18, 2018, 05:24:33 PM »

Hiyer,

Thanks so much for replying.

I'm now 50, I can track back period cycle changes for 5-6 years at least (3 years with much shorter cycles and much heavier and a variety of other subtle changes like slightly stop-start, hot sweats the day before etc), but this year and end of last year, they have started being like you describe here with a lot of other symptoms like insomnia and mood swings. I'm not that concerned to see a GP, as theres not much they can do about it for me, and theres nothing that has occurred that doesn't match natural changes.

I've been reading a few books on the subject of peri and they have settled mentally somewhat, to not be so concerned. I realise everyone will have their one individual take, and any numer of variables can change at any moment, but it is still a relief to 'see' others experiencing a similar type of thing. I am presuming, you didn't have hrt of any type? So, what you are saying is that over the following 5 years from when you posted this, the amount of bleeding became less and the number of cycles became less, slowly slowly gradual changes. Wow, 5 years since posting this.....! I have my fingers firmly crossed for you that this is IT !

I honestly never felt 'in touch' with hormones like I do in the last few years, its like you can suddenly feel every minor change and its associated reaction in the body. I'm just glad to hear from someone 'out there' who is getting to the end of this - challenge !