Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Menopause Matters magazine ISSUE 75 out now. (Spring issue, March 2024)

media

Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: Flu jab - yay or nay ?  (Read 3418 times)

Shadyglade

Re: Flu jab - yay or nay ?
« Reply #15 on: October 21, 2018, 01:07:34 PM »

A bit scaremongy that (very DM). What they don't say is that those with a compromised immune system, like my husbands friend, are more at risk of a GBS reaction. It's a roll of the dice really.

Droopeydrawers

« Reply #16 on: October 21, 2018, 01:17:21 PM »

My choice is not to have it. That could change next year, never say never, simply no at this present time x DD

Snoooze

« Reply #17 on: October 21, 2018, 01:20:20 PM »

A bit scaremongy that (very DM). What they don't say is that those with a compromised immune system, like my husbands friend, are more at risk of a GBS reaction. It's a roll of the dice really.

I agree they love to scaremonger. But it is true that this years dose is three times stronger as other people I know who had it were told the same thing.

jillydoll

• Hiya
« Reply #18 on: October 21, 2018, 04:52:41 PM »

I had mine a few weeks back.
I have an auto immune disease of the liver.
Apart from a sore arm for a couple days , im ok.

Although last week, I did feel like I'd caught a virus or something, it felt like
I'd caught a cold, but wouldn't come out properly.
Don't know if that had anything to do with it or not, but the leaflet said that we start to
make our own antibodies 2/3 weeks after, and it was about that time.
I feel ok now though, lasted for about a week.

Taz2

« Reply #19 on: October 21, 2018, 07:20:31 PM »

I'd like to have it but due to a mild egg allergy I can't. It's my first invitation too for a free one. Don't like to turn down a gift 🤣

Taz x

Blot

« Reply #20 on: October 21, 2018, 07:52:31 PM »

I've never had it and won't be this year as well even though it's offered at my place of work.

littleminnie

« Reply #21 on: October 22, 2018, 07:47:16 AM »

There was an article in this weekends paper about it.  It says it only helps 1 in 10 people.

linz57

« Reply #22 on: October 22, 2018, 11:11:44 AM »

I've had a flu jab every year for about 30 years and been fine, not even had a sore arm with most of them. I was told though, not to have ( but to wait awhile) if I had a high temperature or felt unwell at the time.

Evelyn63

« Reply #23 on: October 22, 2018, 11:22:06 AM »

I would certainly take it but our region has run out of it, and no idea when it will be getting any more stock ( over 65 one)  Apparently the Department of Health have totally underestimated the amount required. 

Taz2

« Reply #24 on: October 22, 2018, 11:25:28 AM »

Same here with low stocks of the over 65 one. My partner is 60 and they've got enough of his version.

Taz x

shrosphirelass

« Reply #25 on: October 25, 2018, 07:58:11 PM »

My husband had it for the first time last year and I don't know if it's a coincidence, but he became severely depressed, overnight and I was seriously worried about him. He also had a migraine which he had never experienced before and achy shoulders. The depression lifed after a couple of days and the aches lasted about a week. He says never again. It's rather put me off, but my 85 year old mother has it every year with no problems. It's a hard call.
Pages: 1 [2]