Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Got a story to tell for the magazine? Get in touch with the editor!

media

Author Topic: HRT & FACIAL HAIR  (Read 1166 times)

Jaceyc

• First Flush
HRT & FACIAL HAIR
« on: October 10, 2018, 09:26:56 PM »

Hi, I am 52 and had my last period 2 years ago. 
I have been struggling for the last 6 years.  In 2012 I had a breakdown and suffered clinical depression.   I was put on a high dose of Sertraline Anti Depressants and was also prescribed hrt (unfortunately I can't remember the name)
I became paranoid that the hrt was causing a facial hair problem and stopped taking it after about 4 months.  I lost a lot of weight during this time and have since heard that the weight loss can also be a cause of facial hair.
The ADs did help my depression but I was worried about the long term effects of taking them and weaned myself off them about a year ago.
I still struggle with very low moods and awful anxiety and my GP suggested I try hrt again.  He has prescribed Femoston conti and I understand the progesterone in this pill is less androgenic than others.  My big concern is that it could worsen the facial hair problem.  I am completely paranoid about this.  I have other issues that I am too embarassed to mention but just wondered if anyone out there could put my mind at rest or if anyone has experienced unwanted side effects from these pills?
Thank you :'(

dahliagirl

Re: HRT & FACIAL HAIR
« Reply #1 on: October 10, 2018, 10:08:44 PM »

Ah yes, the chin hair  :-\  :(  >:(

Drives me up the wall.  I was on the pill, then without anything, then on hrt.   The hair started on the pill, got worse in the intervening period, and continued on hrt  ::)

I find if I do not take my hrt tablets consistently, I seem to get a surge a few days later, but that may be paranoia.

Electrolysis is probably the way forward.

Golden retriever

« Reply #2 on: October 10, 2018, 10:23:29 PM »

Hi
I've been on hrt for the past 2 years and never had any increased hair growth.
I had an operation nearly four years ago re cyst on my ovary and still the hair has not grown back completely even with hrt.
Hope this helps
GR xx

Jaceyc

• First Flush
« Reply #3 on: October 11, 2018, 07:56:26 AM »

Thank you for your replies.
My facial hair is fine and fair but a lot of it!  I dont get the course chin hair (yet!) I was really just wondering if anyone had found that hrt, especially femoston conti had increased the problem?  I am so nervous about taking it.  I have been prescribed 0.5/2.5. 
Any feedback on this pill (Facial hair or otherwise) good or bad would be most appreciated.
Thank you x