Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Got a story to tell for the magazine? Get in touch with the editor!

media

Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 ... 13

Author Topic: Sick of feeling like I'm losing my mind...  (Read 40100 times)

BlueButterfly

Re: Sick of feeling like I'm losing my mind...
« Reply #90 on: November 30, 2018, 03:31:17 PM »

I had all the perimenopausal symptoms that we see listed and many more issues besides all of which were put down to depression. I really thought I had gone mad. Once I got the right treatment (years of hell later) all the recognised symptoms have either disappeared or at least improved and so many things that I had no idea were related have disappeared too

yes same here. They kept telling me it was just anxiety...anxiety caused everything.
But once I started using the progesterone cream...no more anxiety...so odd. Yes, I think it'll be years as well before I get a doctor to finally officially diagnose me. I just hope for this relief to continue so it isn't complete Hell while I wait for that day.

I've still got muscle aches and some muscles spasms sometimes, some heart palps but much less intense and less often. The hot flushes happen less as well. Mine were never too awful, not yet anyways. I just get really hot like I'm starting to run a fever, face gets very red...don't sweat though. But everything is happening so much less than it was just 2 months ago. And the anxiety is gone right now as well, so everything is great. Sleeping terrible but can deal with it better now.

BlueButterfly

« Reply #91 on: November 30, 2018, 04:08:11 PM »

I do hope they find something to spare future generations. I wanted to check myself into a mental hospital quite a few times. I was dying or losing my mind for sure.

Just for fun, I went through the symptoms list on "advice for husbands" and checked off everything I have been experiencing in the last several months, since all this started...30 of the 35 symptoms!! (I'm down to under 10 at the moment) Luckily some were only a short time (month or 2...maybe 3) but things I have never experienced in my life until during this time and no other reason for it to be happening. I expect some of them to come back as I know during peri, you can be a mess for awhile only to be almost normal again for sometime. So it is either peri, or several undiagnosed diseases  ::).

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
« Reply #92 on: November 30, 2018, 07:08:45 PM »

We have a recently opened thread on that too - what we have self diagnosed  ::)

I don't think initially 'we' knew how dangerous sun beds can be, as well as how we should keep out of the direct sunshine.  However, we need sunshine to generate VitD and taking supplements may boost levels - symptoms for me were intense tiredness: I would do 20 mins. weeding in our garden then have to sit, still, for 2 hours.  Absolutely no energy.  After 2 weeks of daily capsules I began to get my levels back.  Mum was the same even though we both get plenty of outdoor activity.

It's remembering to swallow the capsules that's my problem  :-\

CLKD

« Reply #93 on: November 30, 2018, 08:09:23 PM »

My low levels were found by specific blood test.  Some 'experts' say we should as we don't get enough sunshine, well that might be true for some ethnic minorities under the veil, or those in care, or who don't leave their homes often.  I was surprised that my levels were low in August 2017, as I am out in the garden most days!  Mum was the same, she spent hours pottering ......... we both have a good diet.  Now that I know the symptoms I can take them to boost levels.

BlueButterfly

« Reply #94 on: December 01, 2018, 09:41:58 AM »

I tested low on vitamin D a couple winters ago. During the summer months, I have great levels. I'm not a fan of sunscreen unless we'll be out on the water all day. I just try to remember to start supplements about a month before winter hits and I'm usually okay. It still isn't the same as the actual sunshine for me. I don't think the supplement can totally replace what our body can make.

Been up since 1am. Went to bed before 10 as I was falling asleep anyways. No reason to be up....no anxiety, no sweats....just up. Really looking into the light therapy. Reading a lot of people getting help with sleep as well with it.

CLKD

« Reply #95 on: December 01, 2018, 12:02:37 PM »

I didn't sleep until after 4.00, we could have had a chat  :D

BlueButterfly

« Reply #96 on: December 03, 2018, 03:26:42 PM »

Is there a "Can't sleep, anyone else up at this ungodly hour?" thread??  ;D

Slept last night, didn't want to get up...had to shovel the drive....  :'( Oh that time of year. Needs to be done again....my back is still recovering from my fall too! Yesterday was rough and full of a lot of nerve pain...actually starting to wonder if I need to see a doctor about it...but felt great -before clearing the drive-after last night's rest. I just need to be patient. I can't expect to recover super quick from a fall like that. I should do more resting but I actually have a clean house right now and I want to keep it that way for a bit. I have the energy to do so...but not the back at the moment.  ::)

Charys

« Reply #97 on: December 03, 2018, 03:36:54 PM »

Hey BlueButterfly,

All my life I have SLEPT and slept well. Until a few years ago, I needed at least 8/9 hours a night and got it. At weekends I could sleep and lie in until like 10 or 11 am. Now.........its ridiculous......I wake up at all sorts of ridiculous hours and just get up and do things as I know there is no way I will go back to sleep for a few hours. I have, oddly, found that I fall asleep fairly quickly but then am up and WIDE awake at say 3 am....I often get up for an hour.....then go back to bed for a few hours. This often works for me, breaking my night into two sleep sections. No idea why it works, but I have heard that in times gone by the 'first sleep' and 'second sleep' were the norm.In the middle people would get up and go out for some shopping! LOL Thats split night is a  fairly good night for me - on a bad night I can wake up every hour and a half. I never could have imagined a few years ago I would be in this type of sleep pattern - erratic. LOL I totally empathise and if you want to set up a 'awake at an ungodly hour' thread....I'll join you LOL

BlueButterfly

« Reply #98 on: December 03, 2018, 03:43:48 PM »

Hey BlueButterfly,

All my life I have SLEPT and slept well. Until a few years ago, I needed at least 8/9 hours a night and got it. At weekends I could sleep and lie in until like 10 or 11 am. Now.........its ridiculous......I wake up at all sorts of ridiculous hours and just get up and do things as I know there is no way I will go back to sleep for a few hours. I have, oddly, found that I fall asleep fairly quickly but then am up and WIDE awake at say 3 am....I often get up for an hour.....then go back to bed for a few hours. This often works for me, breaking my night into two sleep sections. No idea why it works, but I have heard that in times gone by the 'first sleep' and 'second sleep' were the norm.In the middle people would get up and go out for some shopping! LOL Thats split night is a  fairly good night for me - on a bad night I can wake up every hour and a half. I never could have imagined a few years ago I would be in this type of sleep pattern - erratic. LOL I totally empathise and if you want to set up a 'awake at an ungodly hour' thread....I'll join you LOL

Out for shopping?! I had never thought of doing that at 2am! Probably a great time to get the Christmas shopping done though! Can't imagine the stores being busy unless all the peri/menopausal women all start shopping at those hours!

It is quite common for me to wake up at 2 or 3 and then be up for a few hours and back to sleep. It does work for me, when it works out BUT that is rare. Hubby leaves for work in the early hours, usually shortly after I fall back asleep...so his alarm, or just him moving about wakes me again...then an hour or so later, teenager up for school....and then younger child up...and well, extra sleep is shot at that point.

If my mind is in the right place next time I can't sleep, I may just start that thread!  ;D

Charys

« Reply #99 on: December 03, 2018, 03:48:09 PM »

https://www.sciencealert.com/humans-used-to-sleep-in-two-shifts-maybe-we-should-again

...then an hour or so later, teenager up for school....and then younger child up...and well, extra sleep is shot at that point.

I am fortunate in that I am past the 'child at home' stage of life.....so more easily able to get another few hours. I feel for you in not being able to do that.
« Last Edit: December 03, 2018, 04:14:05 PM by Charys »

CLKD

« Reply #100 on: December 03, 2018, 03:49:48 PM »

Paternal Granma was up at 5.00 a.m..  She had been in Service so getting up at that time was usual.  Her housework would be done by 6.30 ....... whilst we were still sleeping  ::).  Occasionally she would drop off in the early evening but that was rare.    As long as I wake feeling rested, I can cope but when dreams are busy ........

As for shopping in the early hours ...... that sounds a great idea, however, I don't wear night clothes  :D

Joaniepat

« Reply #101 on: December 03, 2018, 05:13:39 PM »

Is there a "Can't sleep, anyone else up at this ungodly hour?" thread??  ;D

There certainly is! I just bumped it.
JPx

CLKD

« Reply #102 on: December 03, 2018, 05:17:04 PM »

:thankyou:

Ladybt28

« Reply #103 on: December 03, 2018, 06:14:38 PM »

I do the "ungodly hour" shift on quite a few nights - likely to see you all there ;)

CLKD

« Reply #104 on: December 03, 2018, 07:11:29 PM »

I'll be in the chocolate aisle then  :D - in a dressing gown and slippers, no photos thanks  ;D
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 ... 13