Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Not a Forum member? You can still subscribe to our Free Newsletter

media

Author Topic: Bleeding again after 2 weeks  (Read 992 times)

thegregs52

Bleeding again after 2 weeks
« on: September 22, 2018, 06:02:21 AM »

I was on HRT tablets but they didn't agree with me and I'm now on HRT patches and have been for about 3 months. I started having regular periods again every 3 weeks which was my cycle before it went 7 monthly and now I have started bleeding again after 2 weeks! I also get horrendous pains in my lower back which I've never had before. My stomach cramps were always across my abdomen.

I went on the patches for my severe itching which has definitely helped and my mood is definitely uplifted but am concerned about the bleeding.

Dotty

Re: Bleeding again after 2 weeks
« Reply #1 on: September 22, 2018, 06:22:22 AM »

Which patches are you on? X

thegregs52

« Reply #2 on: September 22, 2018, 06:26:12 AM »

Evorel Conti patches

Dotty

« Reply #3 on: September 22, 2018, 07:49:41 AM »

Bleeding can happen for the first 6 months on any new hrt. Were you post menopausal when you started Evorel Conti? X

Hurdity

« Reply #4 on: September 22, 2018, 07:45:44 PM »

If you hadn't been 12 months without a period before starting Evorel conti (you mentioned having a 7 monthly cycle) then you were not post-menopausal so it could well be your own cycle kicking in and having a natural period overriding the HRT. Also depending what the tablets were maybe your womb lining built up a bit and now it's shedding - or perhaps you have a fibroid causing the bleeding? If you are worried about bleeding then have you thought of having a Mirena fitted - which would eventually drastically reduce and eventually stop your bleeding, even before menopause is reached? You could then add in oestrogen patches at an appropriate dose to alleviate your menopausal symptoms.

Hurdity x