Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Menopause Matters magazine ISSUE 75 out now. (Spring issue, March 2024)

media

Author Topic: HRT creating a cycle without bleed  (Read 1141 times)

Sarai

HRT creating a cycle without bleed
« on: September 04, 2018, 07:14:23 PM »

Has anybody felt HRT recreated all cycle symptoms except the bleed?
I've been combi patches 18 months just 3/4 of a patch I have no bleeds but I get slight discharge sometimes, bloating sometimes and tearfulness is it just me?
I'm taking it for bones but thinking I need to cut back to half a patch.

Hurdity

Re: HRT creating a cycle without bleed
« Reply #1 on: September 08, 2018, 06:30:07 PM »

Hi Sarai - your post seems to have got missed.

I can;t remember which patches you are on - is it Evorel conti all the time? if you are post-menopausal then you won;t be having a cycle as such although ovarian activity does continue for several years following menopause so perhaps your fluctuations are strong enough to feel despite the HRT?

Also some women get pms type symptoms from some of the progestogens - like norethisterone which is in some of the preparations.

If you are on cyclical HRT then this does create an artificial cycle so you would definitely notice the differences in the different parts of the HRT including pms - and not all women get a bleed on this regime.

Maybe if the symptoms are too much to cope with and don't settle then perhaps cut off a bit of the patch (if it's Evorel conti) - but 50 mcg patch is the minimum licesned for use to protect against osteoporosis although smaller doses do give some protection.

Does this help?

Hurdity x