Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Not a Forum member? You can still subscribe to our Free Newsletter

media

Author Topic: Aged 50, post menopause, elleste duet conti shortness of breath  (Read 1853 times)

Rotchana

Aged 50, post menopause, elleste duet conti shortness of breath
« on: September 04, 2018, 05:50:36 AM »

I have asthma anyway, been on hrt for two weeks. Initial migraines gone, hot flushes gone ....  but lately it's like I'm being smothered and someone is sitting on my chest. Lots of wheezing, hard to take a deep breath. It's a lot of effort to raise my rib cage to breathe. Is this normal?
Thanks

Rotchana

Re: Aged 50, post menopause, elleste duet conti shortness of breath
« Reply #1 on: September 04, 2018, 09:17:21 AM »

My asthma is medicated well and I already take quite a high level of steroid inhaler as preventative as well as a relief inhaler, it's the hrt that seems to have prevented the inhalers working ... Just wanted to know if this is a common side effect and if it will pass, like the migraines ...

Rotchana

« Reply #2 on: September 04, 2018, 10:41:50 AM »

Hi, Ive just come back from nurse.  She did an ecg and that was fine. Couldn't detect asthma, but said to come off the hrt. She has prescribed colonising for the flushes.  What a shame, my sex drive was back, my joint pain had gone, and the hot flushes too. Gutted!

Rotchana

« Reply #3 on: September 04, 2018, 10:43:35 AM »

Clonidine

Rotchana

« Reply #4 on: September 07, 2018, 09:48:36 PM »

Went to doc today and he has diagnosed a hiatus hernia. Hooray! I can continue with  the hrt   ;D

Rotchana

« Reply #5 on: September 07, 2018, 11:01:23 PM »

Thankyou Daisydot.  Yes, it is a wake up call to look after my weight and diet more carefully and now I'm back to the old me with the hrt, I'm confident that I can drop a few lbs and make a few simple changes, once the soft tissue damage in the esophagus has healed from all the acid. Doc has given me something to block acid production for a while to help  ;)