Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Mobile version of the Forum Click here

media

Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: Palpitations after eating  (Read 4045 times)

SueLW

Re: Palpitations after eating
« Reply #15 on: September 07, 2018, 10:50:16 AM »

The doctor looked at my bloods again and said everything was normal and was surprised at my good levels of vitamin d - here on the West Coast of Scotland we don't get a huge amount of sun. I had a b12 test done on it's own last year and was normal too.

I don't want to poop the party, but a doctor's idea of "normal" blood results is often far from optimal.  Especially where vitamin and minerals are concerned.  They are only interested in if you are between the reference ranges.  The reference range for B12 for example is huge, and they will be happy if you scrape into the bottom.  It won't make you feel well though.  You need B12 to be at least halfway in the reference range, preferably higher.  The same with vitamin D.  Living where you live I am pretty certain you don't have optimal vitamin D levels.  You need to have it around 100, some feel better with 120.  But you don't want to go over the top with it either.  Best to get copies of your test results with the reference ranges (all surgeries are now obliged to give you copies of your test results) and have a look for yourself where you fall within the ranges and take steps to aim for optimal.

Annie0710

« Reply #16 on: September 07, 2018, 01:10:35 PM »

I've had 2 of those 24 hr monitors and both times been diagnosed with arrhythmia.  The 2 nd time the cardiologist called me back and wanted an exercise test followed by ultrasound because the bp readings through the night ranged from on 40bpm to 140bpm and the highest it went was 200 bpm, they were talking about doing an ablation ? So glad I just came out with an arrhythmia diagnosis x

Bluebell

« Reply #17 on: September 07, 2018, 07:00:52 PM »

Each time I've worn a monitor nothing has shown up. I might have a few weeks to wait to get one as your name goes on a list.
Blooming heck, the word ablation sounds sinister. Not going to even google what that entails. 😬
Thank goodness it was an arrythmia diagnosis. 🤞🏼 X

Annie0710

« Reply #18 on: September 07, 2018, 07:52:41 PM »

Each time I've worn a monitor nothing has shown up. I might have a few weeks to wait to get one as your name goes on a list.
Blooming heck, the word ablation sounds sinister. Not going to even google what that entails. 😬
Thank goodness it was an arrythmia diagnosis. 🤞🏼 X

I did the silly thing by googling it, scared me witless so arrhythmia disgnosis was fine just that I can't take BBs so had to suffer them, but they're greatly reduced these days x
Pages: 1 [2]