Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Mobile version of the Forum Click here

media

Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: Sea Bands for nausea AND ANXIETY  (Read 7924 times)

ali 61

Re: Sea Bands for nausea AND ANXIETY
« Reply #15 on: September 08, 2018, 11:19:34 AM »

I received my Sea Bands yesterday morning. Had them on all day, but sadly they did nothing for my nausea.
Then last night I was riddled with anxiety..so popped them on again. But I'm afraid they made no difference.
But I hope they work for others as we are all different.

dangermouse

« Reply #16 on: September 08, 2018, 12:15:15 PM »

Ah, sorry they haven't helped any of you.

I'm wondering if the nausea you have Ali is more stomach related as many on here have given remedies that worked for them for severe nausea and none worked for me, as they all seemed to be for the stomach. I was also given the strongest anti nausea drugs too and they didn't make a jot of difference, apart from the strong antihistamines as they work on the brain but also knock me out. However, the bands stopped it immediately as mine is the motion sickness type as always felt as if I was on a boat (and have always been bad with travel sickness anyway) which is more migraine type nausea in the brain where you'd rather jump overboard than cope with another minute - except there was nowhere to jump!

ali 61

« Reply #17 on: September 08, 2018, 12:51:42 PM »

Hi Dangermouse. I suffer from very frequent migraines (average 1 a week) I have always used Buccastem tablets on my gum for the migraine nausea (Prescribed by my GP) But this nausea is different. I think you may be right that its stomach-related. But it has increased dramatically since starting HRT. Which is surprising as I thought the patches shouldnt give nausea.
But I'm glad the Sea Legs work for you.  :)

dangermouse

« Reply #18 on: September 08, 2018, 02:18:29 PM »

Aw, you've just taken me back to my childhood then with mentioning Sea Legs by accident. I suddenly remembered my mum used to give a medication with that name when we travelled and I just looked it up and it's an antihistamine! Just remembered “have you taken your Sea Legs?”.

Anyway, mine is caused by surging high oestrogen and if you've only had yours since your patches then your dose may be pushing yours up too high perhaps? Oestrogen is a stimulant so tends to cause nausea, migraine and anxiety if it goes too high. Progesterone can also cause nausea but I think it's connected to the GABA brain stimulation which does calm down once your body is used to it.

If it's more affecting your stomach then it could even be slow transit where high oestrogen slows it down (to keep nutrients hanging around longer during pregnancy) or low stomach acid. If the anxiety is stronger straight after eating it's likely to be the latter as the stomach works harder to digest the food which affects heart rate. Digestive enzymes are really good for that and you could test it first by having a little white wine with your food to see if it helps it before buying any enzymes.

ali 61

« Reply #19 on: September 08, 2018, 02:23:34 PM »

Dangermouse. Thanks for the reply.

I am only using 1/2 a patch at the moment due to stomach cramps, on my GP's advice. So I am not even getting a full dose of hormones yet.
I take Peptac liquid after food, as I have a tendency to acid reflux. I dont tend to notice the anxiety is worse after food though.
What are the enzymes you talk about please?
I cant try white wine, as I dont drink alcohol!!
Sorry about the "Sea Legs". Slip of the tongue.  ;D
« Last Edit: September 08, 2018, 02:25:26 PM by ali 61 »

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
« Reply #20 on: September 08, 2018, 03:15:36 PM »

"Kwells" was the other one recommended.  I tried the grey 'sea bands' but it's about applying pressure to the inner wrists .......... mine have little white buttons which are supposed to sit over the pulse point.  Dad found them useful, no good for me.  But whatever works, USE  :yes: ....... anti-histamines knock me right out but I have used those when travelling. 

dangermouse

« Reply #21 on: September 09, 2018, 10:11:29 PM »

Digestive enzymes (plant based) to replace what those with low stomach acid need or digestive bitters.

Often, acid reflux is caused by a lack of acid causing the food to regurgitate and irritate the stomach lining.

If you don't drink then you could try lemon juice, or even just touching your tongue on the lemon will get the gastric juices flowing!

Angel1964

« Reply #22 on: September 10, 2018, 02:10:37 PM »

Received my sea bands today. If for anxiety you need to Google where the pressure point is. I will update after wearing them for a couple of days ladies.  And yes you do need to wear both :) xx

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
« Reply #23 on: September 10, 2018, 02:29:37 PM »

:thankyou:

I think that lime juice is less acidic - would it work the same?

Angel1964

« Reply #24 on: September 10, 2018, 02:50:38 PM »

Had them on for about 10 minutes. Can't stand the pressure around wrists :( feel like they're suffocating and I have skinny wrists too.

Roseneath

« Reply #25 on: September 13, 2018, 04:31:44 PM »

I am going to try this to combat monthly mild vertigo feeling (GP says it is my ears but not sure what that would be monthly!). Great tip.
I used to be Waltzer queen in my youth but feel gippy at the Tescos roundabout at certain times of the month now!

Smokey1234

« Reply #26 on: October 18, 2018, 02:24:05 PM »

I tried the sea bands ,  but they didn't work for me.

However had increased my Hrt gel from 2 pumps to 3 and yesterday the nausea wasn't present!! It took about a week on the increased dose to work.
With that or it's the Magnisium spray I've been using. Either way I'm happy to have got rid of it!

Ann x

sheila99

« Reply #27 on: October 18, 2018, 04:04:55 PM »

I tried them for sea sickness - they made no difference at all. They did nothing for my anxiety in the Force 9 gale either...
Pages: 1 [2]