Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Menopause Matters magazine ISSUE 75 out now. (Spring issue, March 2024)

media

Author Topic: Estradot patches- advice needed please  (Read 1017 times)

Golden retriever

Estradot patches- advice needed please
« on: August 26, 2018, 09:55:50 PM »

Hi all,

I have started estradot patches 3 weeks ago with progesterone on day 1-12. I was on Femoston 2/10 for 15 months but found that my anxiety increased hence the changeover
Has anyone felt horrible with low moods when on progesterone.? Do they decrease in time?
I started to feel somewhat normal a few days after finishing them but today day 23 I feel very low and moody again.
Any suggestions?
Thanks

Hurdity

Re: Estradot patches- advice needed please
« Reply #1 on: August 27, 2018, 07:47:19 PM »

Hi Golden Retriever

If you are peri-menopausal then your own hormones will be coming into play as the HRT doesn't override the cycle - so this can explain differences in mood on different phases of the HRT regime.

How many days is your cycle - is it 28 so you take oestrogen only on Days 13-28? Many of us don't like the progesterone part and we have various ways of dealing with this. You can use it vaginally which minimises side effects but other than that - when peri-menopause the only other option is to try a different type eg Provera or the Mirena coil if you don't want to take anything orally.

Hurdity x

Golden retriever

Re: Estradot patches- advice needed please
« Reply #2 on: September 01, 2018, 08:24:53 PM »

Thanks hurdity
I have the estradot patch all the time and then add in ustrogen on days 1-12
It's my first month on this regime, omg it was hard as I lost my best friend my dog in June so all emotions etc all over the place.
Still waiting for the spotting nothing so far.
It does take 3 months to level but seriously hard