Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Got a story to tell for the magazine? Get in touch with the editor!

media

Author Topic: Urine/kidney infection with ms  (Read 1690 times)

Smokey1234

Urine/kidney infection with ms
« on: December 29, 2018, 09:43:09 PM »

Hi

Can anyone with ms please tell me their experiences with either one, and do I need antibiotics for the infection?

I'm afraid I'm not confident with the Hospital just giving me Buscopan for cramps. I'm sure my ms nurse once said they are treated the infection with antibiotics!!

Thanks x

Taz2

Re: Urine/kidney infection with ms
« Reply #1 on: December 29, 2018, 11:23:56 PM »

Have you been diagnosed with an infection?

Taz x  :-\

Smokey1234

« Reply #2 on: December 30, 2018, 10:36:49 AM »

Hi Taz

The ward sister I had in hospital tested my bloods and said I had a slight infection then I was sent to a waiting area in another department my urine sample had lots of blood in it. The Department I was sent to was SUV I think this was Surgery it was scan department I think as it had lots of notices stating not to eat. I already had a drip in of sealine it was turned off when I was moved then no one came to turn it back on and didn't have a stand to hold it up on. No one explained why I even had one. I was then left their from 2.30 until 11-30 pm waiting for a surgeon to see me we had to ring my Daughter who kindly brought us some food in. Surgeons came to see when they were out of surgery they were more concerned about the pain I get down my right side towards back  they didn't confirm I had either urine infection or kidney infection but am to await for a letter with an appointment for a scan of my kidneys. I thought the pain I'm getting is either trapped wind or because I've eaten to much fatty foods as I've also had my Gallblader out a year ago.

Shadyglade

« Reply #3 on: December 30, 2018, 10:46:15 AM »

Can't understand why they didn't give you ABs.  Perhaps they suspect a kidney abcess, which would require surgery.

It's disgusting that they gave you such little information. I would see your GP and see if he can help. Buscopan is for IBS?? It's all very strange.

Katejo

« Reply #4 on: December 30, 2018, 11:56:56 AM »

Can't understand why they didn't give you ABs.  Perhaps they suspect a kidney abcess, which would require surgery.

It's disgusting that they gave you such little information. I would see your GP and see if he can help. Buscopan is for IBS?? It's all very strange.
I am not impressed either. I don't have MS so don't know how it affects kidney infections but it sounds as though you need an AB.

Smokey1234

« Reply #5 on: December 30, 2018, 12:18:25 PM »

Thanks ladies

Any infection you have with ms just ramps it up further ie makes you feel worse, compared with a normal person without it.

Last month I felt ill for a couple of weeks and then got ulcers on my throat
The month before I had the same Doctor said it's viral my glands were up.

This time I had blood in my urine and temperature according to the nurse although not to high 38.3 I think . Slight pain in my right side towards back.

I'm going to ring Doc in morning and see what he says. I will also ring ms nurse, they are usually more helpful and maybe able to provide abs via getting my Nuro to sign a prescription..

I'm feeling a little better today no blood or burning when weeing although bloated with amount of water I've had to drink🤭

I hope these buscopan tabs don't make my constipation worse.

Shadyglade

« Reply #6 on: December 30, 2018, 01:00:12 PM »

Glad you are seeing the doc. You do not often get wee problems with kidney or upper UTIs.

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
« Reply #7 on: December 30, 2018, 01:55:22 PM »

How much blood though?  If it's running pink then treatment would be wise, however, many samples have traces of blood which is different.

How do you feel overall, temperature up?  Pain relief helping?

Smokey1234

« Reply #8 on: December 30, 2018, 02:38:22 PM »

Hi it was a dark murky looking blood, I don't have any now, tabs are helping but still getting tummy aches but I no longer have temperature.

To be honest it feels like period pains, first of all i thought I was having one but I've had a Mirena Coil for past 21/2 years so can't be can it and blood came out with wee.

I've had so many different pains in my stomach and side and tender below breast bone, I had my gallbladder out last December so was thinking stomach could be aggravated by certain foods as I do now have a normal diet
I eat chocolate and cheese etc so wasn't too bothered about niggerly pains as they usually went on there own but then with the blood arriving started to panic. So called Doctors expecting to be given antibiotics but as heart rate was high he sent me to hospital. X