Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Mobile version of the Forum Click here

media

Author Topic: Femoston 1/10 Advice please.  (Read 902 times)

pricey

Femoston 1/10 Advice please.
« on: August 21, 2018, 06:49:51 AM »

Hi Ladies,
After my trials and tribulations on Femoston Conti (irregular heavy bleeding) my GP switched me to 1/10. Some background: age 54 in January.  I was on Elleste duet 1mg for 2+ years prior to trying the Conti. That regulated my bleeds and controlled flushes and other symptoms but I was plagued with awful headaches. Hence the idea to try the kinder progesterone.  On Femoston Conti I felt better - fewer headaches-  but the bleeding even after 7 months was erratic and heavy.
I am now on month 2 of the 1/10. First month brilliant: only one or two headaches and I bled on day 3 of the oestrogen phase of month 2. Now,  still in month 2, I started spotting just after starting the progesterone phase. This has increased to a full bleed with cramps. (Similar to what happened on Conti). I have 8 more progesterone tablets left. The GP told me to make the switch from the Conti at any time as my bleeds were all over the place. As last month went like clockwork I thought the Femoston had overridden my own cycle and all was well. I know I need to give it time to settle (oh this is déjà vu!) but I am concerned that when the progesterone phase ends it will trigger a bleed on day 3 of the next packet. As I am prone to anaemia I would rather avoid another bleed straight after this (of course it may be light). I was wondering if I should start the oestrogen tablets from the next packet now as I am bleeding in an attempt to synch my cycle? It would mean I have only taken 6 progesterone tablets this month. I will be looking at a 2-3 week wait to see my GP. I am wondering if bleed-wise Femoston just doesn't suit me.
OR should I do what hubby says and just "leave it" (his usual advice). Easy for him to say. Having more bleeds than bleed- free days most months is all good fun and I'm sure he would embrace it 😂

Thanks ladies x

Dancinggirl

Re: Femoston 1/10 Advice please.
« Reply #1 on: August 21, 2018, 07:26:55 AM »

Your womb lining was probably quite thick when you started the Femoston. The bleeding you got on the conti hrt was probably due to the lining building up too much and spontaneously shedding.  My gynae always suggested taking a one to two week break between changing hrt regimes, as this allowed for a bleed and for things to settle before starting fresh.
In your case I suspect your lining is needing to shed and possibly in a couple of months you will be back in sync.
Up your iron intake and hopefully things will settle. DG x

pricey

Re: Femoston 1/10 Advice please.
« Reply #2 on: August 21, 2018, 08:02:46 AM »

Thanks DG. I will persevere. Managed to get an appointment with doctor in two weeks' time.

It is a long road this ... X