Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Got a story to tell for the magazine? Get in touch with the editor!

media

Author Topic: Utrogestan Capsules - taking them Vaginally  (Read 1581 times)

Ladybt28

Utrogestan Capsules - taking them Vaginally
« on: August 20, 2018, 06:02:28 PM »

Hey everybody. I have some really tricky questions - you know the obvious - but you just don't like to ask!!

I am just about to start taking a oestrogel/utrogestan regime.  I collected my prescription and they are capsules but I discussed with my consultant taking utrogestan virginally and that's what she told me to do.
Are there two different kinds or do you use the capsules virginally?
If the capsules are fine - are there any tips for insertion?
Do they just dissolve - covering and all?
Are they messy?

Just what you all wanted to think about at tea time huh? - sorry but I have to know and I have googled but not found any specific answers  ??? 

Rosie63

Re: Utrogestan Capsules - taking them Vaginally
« Reply #1 on: August 20, 2018, 06:07:45 PM »

Hi ladybt. When I used them I just shoved the capsules up as far as they would go just I was about to go to bed.  They do dissolve so found this the best time to do it so that I would be lying down for some hours afterwards. I had a little bit of discharge in the morning but nothing much.

Hope this helps.

Rosie x

Ladybt28

« Reply #2 on: August 20, 2018, 06:19:36 PM »

:thankyou: Rosie.

EleanorB

« Reply #3 on: August 20, 2018, 07:06:59 PM »

I was about to start a thread about this then saw yours. Thought i'd Ask here as answers could also be relevant. I used one vaginally first time earlier today. I am sensing possible onset of thrush. I didn't use an applicator. Might it help to insert it higher up? Anyone had the experience of getting used to it and thrush clearing? I have to use it every day due to Endo and would prefer to avoid taking orally if possible.

Tinkerbell

« Reply #4 on: August 20, 2018, 10:38:03 PM »

Eleanor...I got vaginal irritation when I used Utrogestan, so rather than thrush starting it maybe you are sensitive to it.