Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Mobile version of the Forum Click here

media

Author Topic: Worried about irregular bleeding  (Read 1581 times)

Mummytron

Worried about irregular bleeding
« on: October 10, 2018, 05:29:53 PM »

Hi all
I've posted before but my anxiety is terrible this evening.
I have been Peri for a while now and last month I had my period as normal and then had another 10 day bleed 2 weeks later. I sought advice and I understand this can happen but tonight I'm panicking about ovarian or cervical cancer. My doctor said she would examine me but I haven't rushed there as I wasn't worried but tonight I am. Can anyone offer some advice or reassurance please? I'm supposed to come on this weekend 4 weeks from my normal cycle but don't know if I will because of my second one2  weeks ago. I feel hormonal and bloated at the moment too.
Thanks in advance

Tinkerbell

Re: Worried about irregular bleeding
« Reply #1 on: October 10, 2018, 06:07:20 PM »

That is typical peri meno bleeding patterns...all over the place!
Are your smear tests up to date?
Also bleeding isn't a typical ovarian cancer symptom.

Taz2

« Reply #2 on: October 10, 2018, 06:19:27 PM »

Try not to feel anxious about this perfectly normal symptom. Hormones switch on and off during peri and this leads to stop-start bleeding. My longest period was over 8 weeks and halfway through I had all of the symptoms of another period starting. Mine were five months apart for 18 months and then went to every two weeks. Bleeding was light sometimes and then really heavy with clots and very painful before then going 9 months without one and so it went on.

Have a good look at others posts on this using the search box. As Tinkerbell asks are your smears up to date?

Taz X  :hug:

SueLW

« Reply #3 on: October 10, 2018, 06:23:38 PM »

It's the hormones talking.  You know that.  You said you were not worried, then tonight it all kicked off.

My advice is go and run a bath with some really nice bubbles, perhaps some lavender oil or a lavender candle and add magnesium oil or the water or spray to your skin on the way out (if you have some).  Basically you need to calm the nervous system down.

Mummytron

« Reply #4 on: October 10, 2018, 06:43:53 PM »

Smears up to date, think my last one was 2 years ago.
Mine are heavy, clotty and yes you're all correct with me being 'hormonal' and worrying more because of that!

Charys

« Reply #5 on: October 11, 2018, 07:47:45 PM »

Hiyer,

You are just like me. I have been perpetually freaked out by my periods in the last few years and am quite a few years into peri now. I never know, like you, what is right what is wrong, what is worrying, what isn't. Its like all the 'rules' you were taught are thrown out of the window. I have had a period just like the one you describe, in my diary listed as November last year lol I have said on here many times, that I had no idea that when they said 'any bleeding pattern is possible', there were so many possibilities of changing variables. Mostly heavy and small clotting, but some can be quite a bit better than others (but still very much in the heavy range).

I just wanted you to not feel so alone with your thoughts and worries. My cycles have ranged from 18 days to 40 days, some stop start, sometimes 'two a month' (but not sure it is two actually, but instead one long one). Last month my period started on day 22 and lasted 17 days, this month on day 29 of the cycle I had a few spots....and now I guess I don't know if that was mid-cycle hormonal change or I've skipped over one. Seeing as I've had more 40 day cycles recently, I'm guessing it might still be about to come. Sometimes, like you, I feel accepting and just able to say 'so its just natural changes, its going to happen' and many other times I feel very anxious about it. Does it seem to you that just as youo get used to one change another comes along the next month ? LOL Its unsettling, I understand.

If you want to message me and talk about our shared experiences I'm really happy to listen..and errr....share. I can't offer advice, like these other seasoned meno graduates.....but you aren't alone with confusion, frustration and worry.

sheila99

« Reply #6 on: October 11, 2018, 09:30:31 PM »

Try not to worry, I'm another one with periods all over the place though they seem to be settling down now.

Mummytron

« Reply #7 on: October 14, 2018, 10:12:17 PM »

Thanks all, it's so good to hear from you all