Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Please have a look at the questionnaire page if you have a spare minute.

media

Author Topic: Patches  (Read 1920 times)

ladylollipop

Patches
« on: August 20, 2018, 10:27:37 AM »

Hello, sorry for asking again but can anyone tell me please when I can expect  a "great" feeling again. I use Fem 7 patches for 4 weeks now and the only effect I have so far is, that the spaced out feeling vanished. Still have low mood, anxiety sometimes a bit nausea and agitated. Would like to be the old me again. Also using a low dose of venlafaxine.
A desperate lady lollipop x

Taz2

Re: Patches
« Reply #1 on: August 20, 2018, 10:41:45 AM »

Hi ladylollipop. Sorry you are still not feeling great but it is early days as it takes up to three months for each HRT to become fully effective. Hot flushes are usually the first thing to improve which can lead to better sleep which, in turn, can improve mood. However I have been on HRT for ten years and haven't found it to be helpful for my own anxiety and I believe that there are others on here who have found the same.  How far into meno are you?

Taz x  :hug:

Golden retriever

« Reply #2 on: August 20, 2018, 10:43:04 AM »

Hi, I have changed from tablets to patches recently. Like with any change of meds they say that it takes up to 3 months to see the full effect. I don't have patience but can't do anything but wait and see.

Anxiety is the worst thing because you never know when it is going to appear. I suffer from it too and tutor but have to try and remain calm. Walking and having a plan to do something different helps me. Breathing deeply and counting to 7 works. Also just taking one day at a time is good for you. I am getting reflexology regularly and really finds it is helping with my anxiety and overall energy levels.
Hope this helps

ladylollipop

« Reply #3 on: August 20, 2018, 11:01:52 AM »

Thank you so much for your replies. Yes I know it is early day but  as most women here I would like to have the magic pill to get rid of these symptoms. My gynecologist told me that it could happen that the anxiety stays even with  HRT :'( well, so I have to wait and see. I am nearly 5 years postmeno and the symptoms started end of 2014. hugs lady lollipop x

Skiprat

• First Flush
« Reply #4 on: August 20, 2018, 01:05:31 PM »

Hi lady lollipop I was on femseven Conti for 7months and was finally feeling good my anxiety was getting less frequent and my hot flushes almost stopped so stick with them if you can. Sadly i was unable to get any more patches in June due to distribution so had to change to Evorel Conti which I am really struggling with at the moment. Good luck.

ladylollipop

« Reply #5 on: August 20, 2018, 01:18:46 PM »

Hello skiprat thank you for you reply. Yes, I will definitely  stick to them and hope the patches will work for me too. My blood test said nearly no estrogen at all. Low on testosterone and progesterone too. Sorry to hear you can't get fem7. Haven't heard that we run out of them here in Germany , can't you order them  online ( doc morris etc.) ? Or have you tried already?
Take care
Lady lollipop x

ladylollipop

« Reply #6 on: August 20, 2018, 01:32:27 PM »

Hello skiprat sorry but one more question: How long did it take for you to feel good while using fem 7?

Lady lollipop

Cori

« Reply #7 on: August 20, 2018, 04:05:44 PM »

Ladylollipop... I've just started using FemSeven Conti patches a couple of weeks ago. I got bad stomach cramps to start with so decided to cut them in half for a few weeks. I'm having problems with them staying put. How do find them sticking?

ladylollipop

« Reply #8 on: August 20, 2018, 09:26:31 PM »

Hello Cori, I do have stomach cramps too. Seems to be normal at the beginning I was told. I do also agree that the sticking isn't perfect. Especially in this hot weather. For what do you use them? I don't have hot flushes but low mood and anxiety. Hope the patches will give me back my energy.

Lady lollipop x

Skiprat

• First Flush
« Reply #9 on: August 21, 2018, 10:41:37 AM »

Hi lady lollipop it took me about 4 months before I finally felt like my old self again I was tempted to give up on the patches but then remembered how bad I felt before taking them so I'm glad I stuck with it. Hopefully they will work for you. I've contacted the supplier of Femseven and they said it could be as late as March 2019 before there is stock available again so I will be patient and hope the Evorel settle down soon. Good luck

ladylollipop

« Reply #10 on: August 21, 2018, 07:27:50 PM »

Hello skiprat, thank you for your answer. Wow, 4 months! But of course the body has to get used to it. As I said before I feel a little bit better because this unreal feeling has gone. I started my fifth week on fem7 yesterday and I had stomach cramps today , more than the last 4 weeks and also felt a bit like a "balloon"., I used to have it when I still got my period . It started a few days before the period and then went away. Did you have any of these symptoms by using the patches?

Lady lollipop x

Skiprat

• First Flush
« Reply #11 on: August 22, 2018, 07:05:18 AM »

Hi lady lollipop
yes I did get stomach cramps, very heavy and tender breasts and occasionally a show of blood but it did settle down. Unfortunately some people take a bit longer to feel the benefits I was one of those people but I Did get there in the end with patience. Hopefully you won't take that long to start feeling better.

ladylollipop

« Reply #12 on: August 22, 2018, 12:52:20 PM »

Dear skiprat sorry to hear that you also suffered stomach cramps etc.Hope mine will go away soon . I didn't have a bleeding so far. Hope it stays away. I am nearly 5 years without it and don't want it back. I also hope that the new patches works for you. I know I asked before but no chance buying them online?

Take care
Lady lollipop

Cori

« Reply #13 on: August 22, 2018, 05:45:18 PM »

Ladylollipop, Im using them because I went through the menopause early and I have osteopenia. So HRT will prevent osteoperosis. I've only been using them 12 days and decided today that I'm going to try a sequential pill instead so I have removed my patch. I've been bleeding since yestetday and I would rather have a predictable bleed every month than random bleeds.