Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Got a story to tell for the magazine? Get in touch with the editor!

media

Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 11

Author Topic: Oestrogel and Oestrodose - they are exactly the same  (Read 45864 times)

MIS71MUM

• Just trying my best!
Re: Oestrogel and Oestrodose - they are exactly the same
« Reply #45 on: August 15, 2018, 06:55:54 PM »

Just another thought about the 2 gels, if I was to purchase at the online clinic based in London, get a private prescription filled at a BMI hospital or Gypsy Rose Lee would get it from Studd's pharmacy, you'd get estrogel.
If I go to my local Lloyds or Boots, I get Oestradose more often that not.

How much of this is about money?

Are Besins creating a two tier product maybe?

allie007

« Reply #46 on: August 15, 2018, 07:09:34 PM »

I live in Wales so our prescriptions are free. I normally get my Estrogel from the Lloyds chemist in Sainsburys but as i was in Boots i took my presciption there. It was only a few days later when i opened the bag i saw that I had been given Oestrodose. I asked them in Boots to change it, they wouldnt. I asked if i gave it back could I have my prescription back and they said no. Hoping to get an appointment with GP tomorrow to get another prescription so I can get some Estrogel but not sure they will as they prescribed me 3 months worth. I feel lousy and so upset because it has taken me since March to get the dosage right and feel myself again.

Conolly

« Reply #47 on: August 15, 2018, 08:51:36 PM »

Hello ladies,

That's interesting and worth investigating. Have you ever asked the NHS why it works that way?

Conolly X

Tempest

« Reply #48 on: August 15, 2018, 09:06:29 PM »

It's definitely a money thing. The bulk, repackaged in the UK gel (as stated on the sticky label, it IS repackaged here) would be cheaper to import. And thus cheaper to supply on NHS prescription.

Just as a note - Hurdity, you REALLY have to see the bottles of Oestrodose yourself in person to see what we mean. Us, the users, know what we're talking about. Regardless of what Besins may have emailed you - it does state (as I said above) on a sticker on the bottles that it is repackaged in the UK. I have bottles of both here at the moment and have pumped out both on a cool tile to do an experiment earlier. I waited 30 minutes and the Oestrodose gel started 'spreading' whereas the Estrogel pump of gel stayed in a firmer cosistency. (Wish we could post photo's on this forum - hey, those of us who developed rashes could even have compared those too if it were possible)!

So - there is a consistency problem at least. I can also have access to very precision measuring equipment too via a biochemist relative, and i'm going to have the dose sizes analysed. I'll post the results here.

I'm not letting this one go, i'm afraid! I also mean to find out what some of us are reacting to in the Oestrodose - again, I can ask for professional advice on this. Conolly has given me some great suggestions on where to start. xxxx

Conolly

« Reply #49 on: August 15, 2018, 09:27:52 PM »

Wow, that's great! That's proper investigation 🤓

Conolly X

Tempest

« Reply #50 on: August 15, 2018, 09:48:57 PM »

Sometimes, I think I have too much time on my hands....... ;) ;D xxxx

allie007

« Reply #51 on: August 15, 2018, 10:03:13 PM »

Thank you Tempest, this is going to be so interesting. My nausea has gradually subsided throughout the day but i applied my 3 pumps of Oestrogel just over an hour ago and I feel sick again. I can only describe it as feeling like i have morning sickness.

Shadyglade

« Reply #52 on: August 15, 2018, 10:08:11 PM »

Is it worth contacting your local area health authority. Surely someone is making the decision to supply the Alternatives.

I smell a dirty great big rat 🐀.

Tempest

« Reply #53 on: August 15, 2018, 10:41:41 PM »

This is but one of many cost saving exercises. I just don't get it........

Call me a cynic, but I see that there is much talk about promoting support for women in menopause by the NHS in some quarters and elsewhere via the media etc. on one hand (in tandem with the government who are desperate to keep women in menopause in the workplace, thus ensuring their tax contributions), yet they are not supplying us with the 'tools' we need. It seems like bluster, to me.

Why bother with the guidelines etc. if GP's are not up to speed with prescribing HRT,  HRT products are sporadically available - i.e. supply problems with some types of patches and now the Estrogel/Oestrodose fiasco? And that the guidelines are being totally ignored when it comes to testosterone replacement, especially for young women and those in surgical menopause?

What is the British Menopause Society doing to liaise with the NHS to address these issues? Are they even aware? I for one would really like to know..........xxxx

allie007

« Reply #54 on: August 16, 2018, 09:24:07 AM »

Its so frustrating and i hear conflicting information from all of them. On a more cheery note i managed to get an appointment this morning and the GP i saw was great. She gave me another prescription, took it to Lloyds and i now have Estrogel 😁. She is the only GP/ Pharmacist i have spoken to who hasnt insisted that there is no difference between them and said if there is a difference in consistency i could be absorbing them differently and perhaps not getting the correct dosage. 

allie007

« Reply #55 on: August 16, 2018, 10:42:03 AM »

Thank you Daisydot! I was lucky today. There are 12 GPs in my practise and some havent got a clue. Im actually excited about using my gel tonight lol. I might crack open a Merlot to celebrate. What do I do with  the 3 unopened bottles of Oestrodose? Seems such a waste to bin them. Can i take them back to the pharmacy?

Dotty

« Reply #56 on: August 16, 2018, 11:53:45 AM »

Hi if you take them back to the pharmacy they will just throw them away. Hang onto them just as Daisydot says x

allie007

« Reply #57 on: August 16, 2018, 12:00:26 PM »

Jiggy lol 😂. Am a single parent to a nearly 6 year old. The closest i get to any  'jiggy' is watching Magic Mike 😘

Annie0710

« Reply #58 on: August 16, 2018, 12:02:14 PM »

My daughter keeps on at me to watch magic Mike, I might just do on my day off !!! X

allie007

« Reply #59 on: August 16, 2018, 12:12:01 PM »

The film itself is dire. You dont watch it for the plot though 😉
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 11