Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Follow us on Twitter and Facebook

media

Author Topic: Anxiety  (Read 2125 times)

Pmj 28

Anxiety
« on: July 21, 2018, 02:11:52 PM »

Hi have been perimenopause for 4 years and was doing ok but the last 3 months i am getting anxious when I wake up in the mornings, went to see a councillor when is all started and it helped been doing breathing exercises just wondering if there is any thing else. I am on hrt had to change to a different one 6 weeks ago but has not made any difference I don't think this heat is helping  just so tierd  :'(
« Last Edit: July 21, 2018, 03:40:58 PM by Pmj 28 »

Woodlands

Re: Anxiety
« Reply #1 on: July 21, 2018, 02:19:36 PM »

Hi there.
I had mornings feeling shaky that I thought was anxiety.....some of it I found was due to low blood sugars, a snack before bed helped me enormously .
Woodlands x

Pmj 28

« Reply #2 on: July 21, 2018, 02:23:38 PM »

Thank you will try that  :)

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
« Reply #3 on: July 21, 2018, 04:41:24 PM »

Eat regularly throughout the day to keep energy levels even, particularly in this heat wave ?

Pmj 28

« Reply #4 on: July 21, 2018, 04:56:12 PM »

Thank you just so hard to know what to do .

CLKD

« Reply #5 on: July 21, 2018, 04:59:30 PM »

Yep.  Anxiety floors me within seconds when it hits.  Which is why I try to eat B4 my body requires energy ....... gentle exercise might help.

paisley

« Reply #6 on: July 21, 2018, 06:59:46 PM »

Hi Pmj 24
Just wanted to say you are not alone & seems to be a very common problem of the menopause
I too wake up with anxiety & it is horrible because it gives you a bad start to the day. Hope the change in HRT helps

Pmj 28

« Reply #7 on: July 21, 2018, 07:12:21 PM »

Thank you it can be so hard just trying to get though the day when you don't feel well , hoping when I see the doctor she well up the does
Paula

Miabella

« Reply #8 on: July 22, 2018, 05:03:25 AM »

Anxiety is horrible. And it's very common to feel at your worst in the early part of the day. I find that getting up is far better than staying in bed, and then trying to keep busy and moving around - like folding some laundry, emptying the dishwasher, making packed lunches, having a shower - is sometimes enough to lift it. Also I now eat something as soon as I get up to combat low blood sugar. I am on holiday just now so have replaced the morning chores with a walk.

Hope you feel better soon

X

Pmj 28

« Reply #9 on: July 22, 2018, 08:22:35 AM »

Hi Miabella
Anxiety is horrible I get up and do things can't stay in bed not had it for 3 years so is rally hard now it is back.
Hope you have a lovely holiday.

Toodle Pips

« Reply #10 on: July 24, 2018, 03:54:04 AM »

Hi and welcome to this forum.

I too get morning anxiety, which is awful as I have always been a morning person. But these days I don't begin to feel anything like me until nearly lunchtime.

I don't get it every morning, although for the last few weeks I have had it most mornings. And as I get closer to my periods it gets worse.  Normally I try to potter around the house but nearer my periods I just sit and cry. I try to tell myself it's hormonal, sometimes it works but mostly it doesn't make me feel any better.

I have a little voluntary job looking after animals at a charity and I used to bounce out of bed to go and see them. But these days am finding it difficult due to the morning anxiety. Plus I have lost my nerve with driving. I may have to wait until later in the day to go and see to the animals.

This all truly sucks doesn't it x

Gabrielle37

• First Flush
« Reply #11 on: July 24, 2018, 07:05:51 AM »

I'm peri now and thought I was nearing the end then the last couple of months around the same date, I get anxiety and yes wake up with it and flutters, for around 3 days then I'm fine, it's so tiring but it s better than it used to be, as was much worse. My doctor reckons I'm too old now for menopause I m 63 could have slapped him, yeah I imagine it all eh. I'm just saying it does get better 😊

Pmj 28

« Reply #12 on: July 24, 2018, 03:42:40 PM »

Toodle pip sorry you are are feeling this way,  it's horrible i went back to the doctors could not cope any more got higher dose of hrt just hoping they will help  with it all . Did not go in to   work last week felt that bad hate letting people down make me feel worse
I love animals i clean for an elderly man who has a dog and she all ways make me feel better
Take care
Paula

Tempest

« Reply #13 on: July 26, 2018, 11:47:18 AM »

Quite simply - it's cortisol. Cortisol levels rise as we get older, and the cortisol awakening response can get more pronounced. Stress also raises cortisol - and menopause is of course also a bit stressor on the body.

Anything you can do to lower stress helps - but some of it is an inevitable part of ageing. We must remember that we have more hormones in the body than just estrogen, progesterone and testosterone and that these change too as we travel through our life journey. xxxx

CLKD

« Reply #14 on: July 26, 2018, 12:41:09 PM »

:thankyou:  Tempest.  Early morning was the worst for me, from 3.30 onwards  :'(