Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Follow us on Twitter and Facebook

media

Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9

Author Topic: Severe vaginal atrophy  (Read 25689 times)

Scottishgirl

Re: Severe vaginal atrophy
« Reply #90 on: August 16, 2018, 09:03:50 AM »

Yep Jeanie. You are right.  It was fine for ages and I'm sure it will be again. Just got to keep trying.

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
« Reply #91 on: August 16, 2018, 01:21:59 PM »

I get an irritated bladder prior to symptoms kicking in, at the slightest niggle I do a 3/4 night continuous use of Ovestin which knocks the VA on the head.  Also I find taking a couple of Nurofen eases symptoms.

Scottishgirl

« Reply #92 on: August 16, 2018, 10:59:28 PM »

Is ovestrin the same as vagifem. ?

Joaniepat

« Reply #93 on: August 17, 2018, 06:22:22 AM »

Scottishgirl, they are not the same, as they contain different oestrogens. Ovestin is a cream containing estriol and you insert a measured dose with an applicator. It can also be applied to the vulva. Vagifem contains estradiol. The procedure for both is the same: 14 days initial load up and then at least twice weekly.

Another vaginal delivery system to consider is the Estring. This is a silicon ring which stays in the vagina for several weeks and delivers a steady dose of estradiol. It is supposed to last for 90 days, although I find it runs out of steam a bit towards the end of its life.

JP x

Scottishgirl

« Reply #94 on: August 17, 2018, 06:34:50 AM »

Tried to reply before. Its definitely back.  The burning pain in my bladder etc. Its def the atrophy. I missed the regular vagifem use in hospital. Do you think it would be okay to do 2 week load again? I love advice from you ladies. You answer quickly and we are all going through same thing.  I'm miserable.  Bowel working well? Healing well. And now this again. Advice welcomed.

Joaniepat

« Reply #95 on: August 17, 2018, 07:30:35 AM »

Yes, definitely do a 14 day reload with the Vagifem and follow all the other rules for looking after your bladder. I'm sure the relapse is because you missed the regular doses while in hospital. You can never let up with VA or symptoms will return. So pleased to hear the bowel is improving, that's good news!
JP x

Scottishgirl

« Reply #96 on: August 17, 2018, 07:39:09 AM »

Its brilliant news. I've made a good recovery after a year of bad health. Just need to get back ontothe vagifem reload. It worked well before. Thanks for the advice and support. ❤

Robin

« Reply #97 on: August 17, 2018, 07:45:05 AM »

Definitely do a reload Scottishgirl and again if you have flare ups in the future. Wishing you well x

Lucyjo

« Reply #98 on: August 17, 2018, 07:51:48 AM »

Hi Scottishgirl, I have terrible va off & on. Use vagifem as the ladies have said - doing a reload when really bad. I also take Optibac probiotic intimate flora, 1 a day, you can buy them from amazon & am now much better (touch wood) I know they are a bit expensive but I was happy to try anything x

Scottishgirl

« Reply #99 on: August 17, 2018, 07:54:11 AM »

I would be happy to try anything. Thank you for that. So great to have all you ladies giving me advice. Thank you so much.

CLKD

« Reply #100 on: August 17, 2018, 03:16:43 PM »

Reload, reload, reload ............ then use alternate nights for a week and see how your vagina feels.

Scottishgirl

« Reply #101 on: August 17, 2018, 10:47:12 PM »

CLKD thats what ive started. Used it twice last week and last night I've startrd the proper reload. Its good to know i can actuslly take positive action. I always worry its not going to work. Thats my anxiety though. Or i worry aboug it's safety. I'm  ignoring myself thid time lol. Thanks so much for the advice. I love this board.

CLKD

« Reply #102 on: August 18, 2018, 11:41:54 AM »

You worry - once you get using the product and find the benefits, that worry will disappear  ;).  DH tells me often 'if you took your own advice more often'  ;D

Scottishgirl

« Reply #103 on: August 18, 2018, 12:03:26 PM »

That's so true . I would be advising someone else to do exactly what I need to do myself.

AgathaC

« Reply #104 on: August 18, 2018, 08:50:17 PM »

First of all, pleased to hear that the bowel is working well. That was a major operation and you should give yourself a major pat on the back for getting through that! You just need to get the other downstairs bits working 100% and you will be like a new woman. You sound much more upbeat and I expect it's such a relief to have the operation done and dive successfully at that. Good luck and keep us updated. Thinking of you down under! Xx
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9