Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Got a story to tell for the magazine? Get in touch with the editor!

media

Author Topic: So streesed  (Read 2064 times)

Lovebug

So streesed
« on: August 23, 2018, 03:27:41 PM »

Please can anyone help me I've only been on here couple of times really really worried period be very light for a while and the odd time they don't come I've had 3 days where my urine was light pink just once in the day for the 3 days and I've had spotting still waiting for my period to come nothing so far had spotting about 4 months back and it lasted for 19 days very very light I also feel at times when I'm cloying down my stomach and sibes at back are very uncomfy got heart burn that won't seem to shift be on lamprozole for 5 years with reflux but seems to have stopped working please any one else like this I'm doing a long haul flight week sat for a month and not looking forward to it hope this all makes sense I'm 53

Lovebug

Re: So streesed
« Reply #1 on: August 23, 2018, 04:29:28 PM »

All sounds normal for peri Lovebug, not that that's much consolation.  My heartburn and reflux were awful through peri, bit better now that I've not had a period for over 12 months but I think my stomach will always be sensitive (I have a hiatus hernia).  What dose of lansoprazole are you on?
I'm on 15 was on 30 for a while as I've also got heitas hernia I've had for 5 years I'm a very anxious person I'm hoping some other lovely ladies who have had spotting between periods will appear guess when you know others have had spotting inbetween periods helps put your mind at rest a bit  thank you for your input sparkle

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
« Reply #2 on: August 24, 2018, 04:29:16 PM »

Sounds 'within normal limits'.  However, 'lamprozole' for that length of time without further investigation.  Over the counter remedies, such as rennies, can work as well.  As can not eating B4 laying down, I have to take my evening meds well B4 going to bed otherwise  :-X

As muscles become lax a hiatus hernia is common.  Which encourages reflux  :(

My periods waxed and waned and I never worried about colour etc., too busy dealing with 4 ill pets  :'(.  Red blood, pink, brown were all normal for me.  Then the periods stopped.  It was 6 months B4 I realised and 5 years B4 I stopped carrying protection  ::)

Anxiety can cause gut acid to increase.  So eating bland foods can help.  I find a home made curry with boiled rice helps enormously.  As do pancakes ..........

SueLW

« Reply #3 on: August 24, 2018, 05:06:20 PM »

Not in answer to your question, but a bit of experience about the other thing you mention.

I  know this sounds contrary to how it feels, but I was put on Lansoprasol for acid reflux due to Hiatus Hernia a number of years ago.  I never felt they were a good idea.  They reduce stomach acid and stop you digesting food properly so you don't extract the vitamins, minerals and enzymes you need to be well. 

So I did my research and discovered that acid reflux is usually a sign of too little stomach acid not too much.  If you have correct levels when you eat, the stomach fills with acid to the correct point and then signals are given to stop production.  All is well.  If you don't produce enough, fast enough, the signal to stop doesn't come and the stomach keeps drip feeding acid that "overflows" and causes the reflux.  The way to fix it is to get off of PPI preparations (get advice how to do that from GP, who will not understand that his "cure" was diametrically opposed to what it needed to be) and instead take betaine HCl which is the same as stomach acid, available from health food outlets and vitamin suppliers etc, in capsule form before each meal.  You start with 1 capsule and eat your meal.  If you still have the problem, try 2 next day and so on until the problem stops and you know how many you need.  It worked a treat.  And after a period of time I found I no longer needed them at all.  Doctors are as fond of PPI's as they are of statins.

There is a lot of information out there about this.  It's easy to find this advice and other people's experience of it if you look.

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
« Reply #4 on: August 24, 2018, 07:31:45 PM »

:thankyou:  SueLW - had forgotten about the reduction of acid and how it impacts on digestion.

Also do read Dr James le Fanu's remarks about these medications.  The gut sorts itself in general.  A little assistance should be all that is required.  Any longer than 6 weeks and the gut forgets what it's about  ::).  Bland foods can help.  As can slow release foods, such as porridge  :-X. bananas, ReadyBrek, dried fruits and nuts .......... and not eating too late at night.  Some people find that they have to sit up because reflux is really bad, I keep rennies by the bed and if necessary, chew 2 then an hour later another 1.