Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Menopause Matters magazine ISSUE 75 out now. (Spring issue, March 2024)

media

Author Topic: Swollen gland for 7 weeks?  (Read 1649 times)

lisa_w

Swollen gland for 7 weeks?
« on: August 01, 2019, 02:45:15 PM »

Hi just wondered if anyone has had swollen glands that have lasted a while. I found a lump on my neck about 7 weeks ago..gp said an infection..gave me steriods and anti biotics for 5 days.
Sinse then more have came up, I have vague symptoms of cold. But I have sore ears, very sore neck and vertigo. Went back to gp who this one said theres no lumps there, which there is and easy to feel as it's in an unusual place...and diagnosed me with vertigo didnt even look in my ears. Googling has sent me terrified and I honestly csnt move..past couple of weeks my kids have been staying at my mums because I'm feeling so bad. I'm obviously hoping a long viral infection in but scared witless xxx

lisa_w

Re: Swollen gland for 7 weeks?
« Reply #1 on: August 01, 2019, 02:46:29 PM »

Also have a lot of pain under my tounge and can feel a wee pea sized lump there to xx

jaypo

« Reply #2 on: August 01, 2019, 05:41:53 PM »

Hi Lisa,have you had any blood tests done?
Anxiety can make us feel way worse than we actually are,I had a lump under my armpit,panic panic panic,must be a tumour right?no wrong,just a swollen gland and it's still there,many months later.
Our glands can swell for many many reasons,yes,a virus but also if we are just run down,got a cold.
A dr doesn't have to look in your ears to diagnose vertigo btw so don't worry about that one.
Just go back and see him,it's not good enough that you still feel so unwell and you clearly need reassurance
Health anxiety is truly awful,most of us have suffered it on here at one time or another,so you're not alone
Let us know how you get on xx

Foxylady

« Reply #3 on: August 01, 2019, 05:59:23 PM »

lisa_w, I think same as jaypo you should go back see a different GP and they might do bloods, especially if it continues.

lisa_w

« Reply #4 on: August 01, 2019, 07:24:40 PM »

Thank you, he did do bloods waiting on the results though. The vertigo diagnoses was fine ...I'm just concerned that he didnt feel the lump my whole neck is sore ..I do on a good moment think that the fact its sore is reassuring but anxiety has completely taken over and most of the time I'm in tears thinking the worst 😭

jaypo

« Reply #5 on: August 01, 2019, 08:22:18 PM »

But your neck WILL be sore if you've swollen glands and stiff,don't suffer all on your own,make another appointment. I was exactly like you,what mess I got into,just thinking the worst and I'm still here🙂
You might not feel like it right now but have a look at the funny side of menopause and things we have diagnosed ourselves with,you'll see that although not funny when you're in the midst of it all but we all look back and see how the health anxiety has made us unreasonable when it comes to our health.
Phone gp tomorrow xx

lisa_w

« Reply #6 on: August 01, 2019, 09:21:37 PM »

Thank you so much...I will have a look on it actually...I dont know why I haven't before actually...but it could be good for me!
Thanks again xxx

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
« Reply #7 on: August 01, 2019, 10:07:52 PM »

Go to the local Pharmacist? or your Practice Nurse?