Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Menopause Matters magazine ISSUE 76 out now. (Summer issue, June 2024)

media

Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: Continued stomach pain  (Read 6272 times)

Rosie63

Re: Continued stomach pain
« Reply #15 on: June 08, 2018, 05:52:56 PM »

Thanks Matildamouse.  I think I need to try to be more patient and not keep changing hrt preparations to see if it gets better. Can I ask which hrt you are on please and if you took anything else when you were experiencing the stomach issues?

Thanks again.

Rosie x

matildamouse

« Reply #16 on: June 08, 2018, 08:57:15 PM »

When I initially started I was on Estrogen gel and oral progesterone. As time went on I changed to estradot patches and alternative days vaginal progesterone. I have no symptoms at all. I read up a lot at that time and remember reading the colon has a lot of estrogen receptors as well which will be " waken up" when you initially start hrt.

I did not take anything else at that stage or nowadays. I did make a few diet changes where I now eat low carb and cut out bread and all processed foods.
I also take a strong probiotic capsule daily and drink Kombucha. Taking kefir can just be a good thing I think. After a lifetime of IBS issues I nowadays have no symptoms at all.

I agree you need to stick with the same hrt for a bit to see if it settles down. Maybe try a transdermal route like the patch  to avoid any meds having to go through the stomach. Good luck! I can also not manage without hrt at all!

Sgtvhilts

« Reply #17 on: June 08, 2018, 10:11:07 PM »

Thanks Daisydot. Your comments give me hope of sorting these problems out ! I'll definitely give your suggestions a try and will let you know how I get on if you don't mind. Funnily enough my gp is Spanish and I find him very sympathetic and helpful 😊

Sgtvhilts - it's very interesting what you say and I would be interested to hear what your gp says if you wouldn't mind letting me know.

Thank you so much ladies.

Rosie63 xx

Hi rosie,
I am going to mention it to my gp, but i am not going to hold my breath! They don't tend to be up on this sort of thing. It is just a theory of mine. If by some miracle he does know then, sure i will let you know, but it is interesting that there at least 2 of us around with this- we might be ‘rare breeds'

Rosie63

« Reply #18 on: June 09, 2018, 06:17:31 PM »

Thank you ladies.

Matildamouse - that is very interesting what you say about the receptors in the colon and it could explain a lot about stomach discomfort. I will defo read up on that !

Have a good weekend.

Rosie xx

Rosie63

« Reply #19 on: July 18, 2018, 05:23:05 PM »

Hi ladies. I wonder if I could ask your opinion on how long I should give my current hrt before I go back to my gp regarding my continued stomach discomfort ? I've been taking the Femoston 1/5 for 6 weeks and not feeling any better.  I'm still taking otc pills and potions but they just don't seem to be cutting it, although Milk of Magnesia does help when I get constipated. I think I might have said before that sometimes I feel as though something's stuck on left hand side between my boobs and waist but mostly it's around my belly button. I also burp a lot but that comes and goes.  I have other discomfort that also comes and goes so I just don't know what to think.  Do you think all this might settle if I give it more time?

Thanks ladies.

Rosie63

Burchers

« Reply #20 on: July 18, 2018, 05:41:30 PM »

Hi Rosie I suffer with Colitis and 5 weeks into Utrogestan and Estrogel regime. My stomach has been dodgy to.

I take Bio Kult

Rosie63

« Reply #21 on: July 18, 2018, 06:21:02 PM »

Thanks Burchers.  Do you find the Bio Kult helps ? I can't help worrying that maybe there's something else going on in there, although I was fine until I had to change my hrt but maybe it's a coincidence.

Rosie x
Pages: 1 [2]