Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Follow us on Twitter and Facebook

media

Author Topic: Hello new to here  (Read 724 times)

Suefone

Hello new to here
« on: March 04, 2020, 10:17:00 AM »

I'm 60 I had my last period three or four years ago. I thought I sail through the menopause. I had some hot flushes but loved them I suppose they were mild compared to some plus before I was always cold. But I never equated the other symptoms to menopause till now. Over the last couple of years I went to the doctors with anxiety and feeling low but never went back . Then I went recently with feeling exhausted. This time blood was taken to rule out thyroid . I'm slightly low in iron. That was a couple of months ago. But putting all the symptoms of tiredness ,anxiety felling low aches everywhere alight bulb went off in my head. Menopause. I've made a appointment to see the doctor to ask forHRT . I always steer clear it meds? and always come down the more natural route but I'm really fed up now . It effecting my home .work and  stopping me doing things I love . My appointment in a weeks time I wonder if she will try and talk me out of it because of my age.

sheila99

Re: Hello new to here
« Reply #1 on: March 04, 2020, 11:33:07 AM »

Quality of life is important. It's very much a personal decision to take hrt or not but my life was hardly worth living without it - anxiety.,insomnia, crushing fatigue etc. The nice guidelines used to say you should stop at 60 but they don't any more. You can ask for a referral to a menopause clinic if you get nowhere with the gp. I also steer clear of meds but I look on HRT as rectifying a design flaw in women. If we still produced our own we wouldn't have these problems  :-\.

Suefone

« Reply #2 on: March 04, 2020, 01:19:11 PM »

Thanks sheila I know it a personal thing and so many conflicting opinions, i will see what the DR says I was tested for osteoporosis after a shoulder break and the said I have osteopenia , i hate medication but this worrying me i saw what happen to my mother. any way lets see what the dr say   suefone

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
« Reply #3 on: March 04, 2020, 01:26:52 PM »

What's wrong with medication?   If the body requires support, i.e. food - do you not eat?  So if it's requires support with medication .......  :-\. I tried to avoid antidepressants but without them I wouldn't be here.

Menopause is 'natural'  :-\ - but it sure can throw up some awful feelings.

Maybe keep a mood/food/symptom diary to take to discuss with your GP or Nurse Practitioner?  Decide which symptom you would like to ease first?  Do read our thread about vaginal atrophy too!

You don't have to accept a script, if in doubt don't 'cash' it but put the product into the search box here and see what pops up.  Make notes ;-).  You may find that your GP is absolutely up to date with menopause or you may feel it necessary to ask for a referral to a Menopause Clinic. 

Tiredness can be caused by thyroid problems or a low VitD level.  A good exercise regime is important for bone health, brisk walking 10 mins. daily can really help.  Good hydration.  Lots of fresh fruits and veg..  Lots of 'me' time ..........

Let us know how you get on.