Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Follow us on Twitter and Facebook

media

Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: Due to go on holiday.....  (Read 3559 times)

alibeau

Re: Due to go on holiday.....
« Reply #15 on: August 08, 2018, 10:43:16 AM »

Hi Ladies,

I am back from my holiday now (9 hot flushes on a 9 hour flight - joy!) and had my GP phone appointment last evening.

GP was more than happy for me to try HRT but she needs to see me to check BP etc before doing so.  I now have an appointment booked for this Monday.

A couple of questions have popped into my mind and I wonder if you can advise please?

I prefer the idea of taking oral HRT, is this an 'ok' route to choose to start off with?  Might my GP recommend otherwise ie patches/gels etc and if so should I go with her advice?

Also I am peri and 46.  I have been having blips in my cycle for a couple of years but have been having larger gaps and hot flushes for the past year.  I am currently on day 75 of this cycle having had a couple of 'normal' cycles previously.

Over the past few days I have had cervical mucus (tmi? sorry!) which leads me to believe something is happening with my hormones at the moment?...

This leads me to my next question which is, as I am Peri and clearly my hormones are unsettled, how does the GP go about finding the right HRT dose? As surely if my cycles are going through a 'back to normal' stage, no additional hormones are required but then when I have these gaps and flushes I do need additional hormones?

Does the HRT balance things out somehow?

Sorry for all the questions.....

Thanks in advance.

Ali x

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
« Reply #16 on: August 08, 2018, 12:03:34 PM »

You ask away.

How was your holiday?  I can't help much with HRT ; some ladies prefer a patch as a gentle way of delivering the hormone, others cope with other medication.  Some have problems with the progesterone part of the treatment cycle so maybe keep a diary of mood/symptoms/food?  It is easy to forget how we feel on a day-2-day basis  ::)

My Husband: a calmer person you will never meet : has White Coat Syndrome so his BP rises when the GP takes it.  Maybe if your levels appear high, buy a home monitor and take the readings at the same time each day?  He took his B4 breakfast at 7.30 a.m.  Keep notes.

alibeau

« Reply #17 on: August 10, 2018, 10:04:27 AM »

Had a lovely holiday thank you! Apart from the flushes!!!!  ::)

My BP is normally quite low so even if I am a bit 'nervous' at the Dr's my reading is just elevated slightly!

I have a few more questions but think I will start a new topic.....

Thanks for your reply, I appreciate it  :)

Ali x
Pages: 1 [2]