Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Not a Forum member? You can still subscribe to our Free Newsletter

media

Author Topic: Femoston 1/5mg  (Read 933 times)

Rosie63

Femoston 1/5mg
« on: June 21, 2018, 08:37:25 PM »

Hi ladies

Looking for a bit of advice please. I've been trying Femoston 1/5mg for a few weeks and finding I'm feeling really tired all of the time and my joints and muscles are aching and feel sore.  I have found that my stomach is more settled on these so that's a positive.  I'm taking the pills before I go to bed and as I feel so groggy in the morning, I'm thinking it's the progesterone that's causing these side effects.  I did ask if I could try the 1/10mg Femoston so that I only take the prog. for half the month but both my gynae and gp were reluctant as I would have a bleed, even though I said that doesn't particularly worry me.

Your advice on this would be much appreciated.

Thank you.

Rosie63 x

jillydoll

• Hiya
Re: Femoston 1/5mg
« Reply #1 on: June 21, 2018, 09:06:21 PM »

Hi Rosie 63.
I'm on femoston 0.5/2.5 so ultra low dose, but I've doubled the dose which equates
to the next one up because I was very tearful, low mood, ect....
But to be honest I feel crap, don't know if it's the double dose or I've got some sort virus.
Anyway, I was 1st taking mine every morning, but had horrendous headaches everyday,
so after some advice on here, I started taking it after my evening meal, about 6ish, and have found
the headaches have completely stopped. So maybe try and switch the time you take it, it might be the same with you too. I was so surprised that by doing that it done the trick.
Hope this helps..

Jd xx

Rosie63

« Reply #2 on: June 21, 2018, 09:27:41 PM »

Thanks Jd.  That's very helpful. I too started the same as you with the ultra low dose and then tried doubling the dose. So my gp gave me the ones I'm on now 1/5mg. At the moment I'm taking them around 9/10 o'clock at night so I will try taking them a bit earlier.  I just can't understand why I'm feeling so tired.  I could literally curl up and go to sleep anytime of day which isn't like me.  My gynae said I could double this dose too if I wanted to but I don't want to do that as I'll be taking even more progesterone.  I've recently had blood tests and everything was normal apart from my estrogen was still a bit low so perhaps the reason. It's all very confusing !

Thanks again for your help and I'm glad you are doing ok on Femoston.

Rosiex

jillydoll

• Hiya
« Reply #3 on: June 21, 2018, 10:03:18 PM »

Also rosie63
The progesterone makes us sleepy.
So the rise in it for you, (and me) can make us tired.
Maybe it'll wear off, after you've been on it for a while, and especially
if you change the time you take it.....good luck
Keep us posted...

Jd x