Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Not a Forum member? You can still subscribe to our Free Newsletter

media

Author Topic: Embarrassing Question  (Read 2669 times)

Burchers

Embarrassing Question
« on: July 11, 2018, 06:17:28 PM »

Thinking of trying to do my Utrogestan vaginally.
How on earth do you get that small ball tablet up and to stay there.

I do Estriol cream to nightly .

Am I being thick?

Should I check with my Dr as I'm seeing her in the morning

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
Re: Embarrassing Question
« Reply #1 on: July 11, 2018, 10:30:09 PM »

I have no idea  ::) - what does it suggest in the leaflet  :-\

Cassie

« Reply #2 on: July 11, 2018, 10:44:29 PM »

You put it in at bedtime it stays put it forms almost a sticky lining when it melts.

sofasurfer

« Reply #3 on: July 11, 2018, 11:55:48 PM »

Can you put a pea size Estriol cream on your middle finger and stick the tablet on top and push it right up there?
I could probably do it without the cream

Burchers

« Reply #4 on: July 12, 2018, 05:41:20 AM »

Thanks everyone just went for it.

Woken up again very anxious no idea what's causing this

Tinkerbell

« Reply #5 on: July 12, 2018, 03:18:10 PM »

Have you been feeling anxious since you started the Utrogestan?

Conolly

« Reply #6 on: July 12, 2018, 04:39:12 PM »

Hello Burchers,
Your question is not embarrassing at all.. I've been reading your previous posts in order to understand what you're going through. You are under a lot of stress, honey.

Would you mind clarifying some of my doubts? You said you had an ablation in 2016 for heavy periods. How did it go? Was it a normal procedure? Were you ok after that?

You said your periods have stopped after the ablation. Have you had scans after that (uterus and ovaries)? Have you had blood tests for hormones?

If you are still having anxiety, maybe mirtazapine is not working anymore... maybe you could ask your doctors to consider a gradual and slow reduction in dose to detox your body and then maybe try another medication? That's a lot of 'maybes' but it seems logical to me.

IF your anxiety is hormonal related... I see that you have been trying different regimens and you're still suffering from side effects. Depending on your ovarian status (ie, are you still producing a good amount of your own hormones or not?), maybe you're not post-menopause, your periods could have stopped due to the ablation, but you're still in peri-menopause. That could explain your symptoms despite being on HRT.

Finally, you could be extremely sensitive to hormonal imbalance (you have mentioned you are sensitive to drugs) and if you are really post-menopause, changing regimens could have caused further imbalance and symptoms.
I hope I haven't confused you.

Conolly X

Burchers

« Reply #7 on: July 13, 2018, 05:49:33 AM »

The ablation went ok and was told they removed scar tissue from my csections.
I started with the anxiety about 8 weeks after the ablation.

I saw my gp yesterday who suggested I increase The Mirtazapine which I'm not keen to do.
I only did 3 pumps yesterday to see if it's the Estrogel if I've been using too much.
I'm so emotional it's like when I was pregnant.
The other things I was suffering with aching joints, awful temper has eased.

I'm just fed up with it all

Conolly

« Reply #8 on: July 13, 2018, 11:33:33 AM »

Hello dear,

I can feel your frustration... but don't give up, you just have to address this with your gp and you will find answers.

What about your ovaries? Do you have any info/scans?

Conolly X

Burchers

« Reply #9 on: July 13, 2018, 02:38:10 PM »

I think my ovaries were ok. I was discharged after my follow up on ablation and Hysteroscopy. I'm sure I was told I had a fibroid but it wasn't ever mentioned.

Today I have done just one pump this morning and will do 1 pump before bed.Definately feel less anxious and not as heady.

Hurdity

« Reply #10 on: July 14, 2018, 08:57:34 AM »

Hi Burchers - I'm not sure what the effect would be of putting estriol cream up there at the same time as the vag Utro in terms of how the estriol cream might affect how much prog gets to the uterus. I use Vagifem most of the time and when on the prog phase of my cycle I put the Vagifem in in the morning (prog in the evening). I know it is releasing estradiol all the time but because it's not a cream, I assume it doesn't interfere with the prog getting to the uterus and my bleeds bear this out. I use the estriol cream when the bleed starts (put it on the tampon every time I change otherwise it gets too dry...). Maybe think about this.

I agree those pesky balls are a right pain to insert - it was better when they were 200 mg as at least something to get hold of! You can still get 200 mg but this is licensed for infertility treatment - but some women do get these prescribed instead of the 2 x 100 mg.

If you are feeling like during pregnancy then this could be high oestrogen and/or high progesterone.

Do you get a bleed on this regime even though you've had an ablation?

Hope you feel better soon :)

Hurdity x

Burchers

« Reply #11 on: July 15, 2018, 12:21:08 PM »

Hi
They put me on 100mg daily continuous. I've not had a bleed since before my ablation in June 2016.

I reduced my Estrogel to one pump in the morning and one at night.Ive felt so much better.

I've not done the Ustrogen vaginally since both my doctor and pharmacist told me not to.
She is looking into if she can find a 100mg pessary.