Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Please have a look at the questionnaire page if you have a spare minute.

media

Author Topic: Planter fasciitis  (Read 2779 times)

clio

Planter fasciitis
« on: July 24, 2018, 04:04:50 PM »

I've suffered with planter fasciitis for almost 10 years, I got so fed up with it my doc refered me to a podiatrist who suggested shock wave therapy. I had the first one last week I'm having 5 intotal, has anyone else suffered with this and how did you get rid of it.

Clio

Tinkerbell

Re: Planter fasciitis
« Reply #1 on: July 24, 2018, 04:49:39 PM »

Nasty...it's so painful, I find rolling my foot over a, straight from the fridge, soft drinks can soothing.

Woodlands

« Reply #2 on: July 24, 2018, 08:46:28 PM »

Hi .
Yes had it too, lots of stretching exercises and used a tennis ball to roll my feet over..I modified my foot wear ...no flats or flip flops and it's gone.
Yippee
Woodlands x

Joaniepat

« Reply #3 on: July 24, 2018, 09:01:21 PM »

I find a visit to the osteopath sorts it. It's a bit brutal but does the trick. They will also advise on foot and calf exercises. Rolling my foot over a can of baked beans (or any other vegetable!) or a frozen bottle of water is good, as is a tennis ball. If tight calf muscles are the cause, and that's often the reason, then calf stretches. Unlike Woodlands, I find flat shoes (Mary Janes) are best.
JP x

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
« Reply #4 on: July 25, 2018, 11:42:19 AM »

It is a bony spur and can be really painful.  Steroid injections OUCH! can help.  Let us know how you get on.

Venetia

« Reply #5 on: July 25, 2018, 01:14:14 PM »

I've had this on and off for a few years and agree it can be very uncomfortable.  Some stuff I read online recommended never going barefoot so I always wear Birkenstocks (great arch support) around the house and try and buy outdoor shoes with arch support or room for insoles.  Unfortunately I can't wear anything with more than about an inch heel anymore but it's more or less under control these days

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
« Reply #6 on: July 25, 2018, 03:44:26 PM »

I think that there is a pad to put into the shoe which the painful area sits over to avoid pressure?   If not, maybe make one from a bunion pad?

clio

« Reply #7 on: July 28, 2018, 08:22:19 PM »

Thanks for the replies, I have been given insoles which they have added padding to. They give me some comfort but I still get pain when i have been on my feet for too long.

clio

« Reply #8 on: August 22, 2018, 06:43:00 AM »

Just an update. I've now finished my 5 week course of shock wave therapy I think it has helped abit but not not enough to keep me pain free.  I go back in October as he told me that some people see an improvement during treatment and others after treatment. My manager has been accommodating but area manager being an arse and won't give me amended duties after this week so back to normal duty which involves being on your feet all day and alot of walking about.  I've ordered more insoles and heel pads but from now on I'm going to just put up with the pain as I'm not taking pain killers constantly and the injection only gives temporary relief so I don't see the point in that.  With this and my polyp and crap at work I'm totally fedup Im just not at peace with myself and so my sleep is suffering as I suffer with nightmares when I'm stressed so constantly waking up and having panic attacks.

Feeling sorry for myself

Clio

clio

« Reply #9 on: October 27, 2018, 07:24:13 PM »

Update... Ended up going private to see a orthopedic consultant. Had MRI scan followed by cortisone shot in my heel on Thursday, not sure how long it takes to work as no difference as yet!

Clio