Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Got a story to tell for the magazine? Get in touch with the editor!

media

Author Topic: Perimenopause or something else?  (Read 759 times)

Sunny99

Perimenopause or something else?
« on: June 20, 2018, 09:06:07 PM »

Trying to pinpoint what's up with me lately - palpitations, chest soreness, brain fog, fatigue, dizziness... all tests so far for things have come back clear so Doc suggested trying Elleste Duet to see if it helps to relieve my symptoms. Only 6 days in so I guess too early to say but anyone got any experience of this? I'm 41 btw 😬 Oh and all this making me anxious so that's thrown in too!
« Last Edit: June 20, 2018, 09:08:06 PM by Sunny99 »

Hurdity

Re: Perimenopause or something else?
« Reply #1 on: June 21, 2018, 07:21:05 PM »

Hi Sunny99

:welcomemm:

What have your periods been doing recently? If they have changed ie the cycle length or flow then you are most likely to be entering peri-menopause and hopefully the HRT will help regulate your cycle and give you some extra oestrogen. I presume you have been given the 1 mg dose to start with? If so and if after a few months you only see a slight improvement there is always the higher dose (2 mg) which you could try.

Yes 6 days is too early to tell - the recommended time to try an HRT type for is 3 months to allow your body to adjust and acclimatise.

Good luck, hope it does the trick for you and keep us posted :)

Hurdity x

Sunny99

Re: Perimenopause or something else?
« Reply #2 on: June 21, 2018, 09:01:00 PM »

Hi Hurdity

Thanks for replying and yes that's the dose I have been given. I still have regular periods but since having children I no longer know what's normal 😆 They have lost a few days in cycle length if that's anything? It's so tricky to tell isn't it! Just hoping these pills get rid of all of my symptoms that I don't want 😬