Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Follow us on Twitter and Facebook

media

Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: Share one thing on your Bucket List ?  (Read 4373 times)

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
Re: Share one thing on your Bucket List ?
« Reply #15 on: July 03, 2018, 01:06:18 PM »

Is it a dry heat in South Africa?  So far here it's been dry ...... it's humidity I can't cope with

Still - Italian Lakes  ;)

Tiddles

« Reply #16 on: July 16, 2018, 02:34:10 PM »

I live in South Africa and last week I did our most famous and breathtakingly beautiful hike, the Otter Trail, with my husband and two girls. So precious to have my student daughter with us for 5 days.

Lovely ❤💚💛💙

hereandthere

« Reply #17 on: December 14, 2018, 04:56:05 AM »

CLKD and Tiddles sorry!! I don't know what happened to me after those messages. Well actually I went overseas. First time in years but I packed a lot of holiday in a short space of time and then managed to forget about this forum. In case this shows up in your feed, I'm sorry I didn't acknowledge. South Africa has different climates. It's Mediterranean in the Cape and dryish but not hectic unless in the Karoo, whereas for example where I live in Durban, it's highly humid as we are subtropical. So the heat ramps up at Xmas. Perfect for a menopausal woman 😂

Ju Ju

« Reply #18 on: December 14, 2018, 06:24:42 AM »

I've ticked some things off my bucket list. 13 years ago, when my husband retired from his original career, we took a 6 month holiday round the world trip. We had to camp a lot, to keep the cost down, which wasn't on the bucket list! But it was great a lot of the time, particularly in Australia waking up to the wonderful bird song and having kangaroos bouncing around at night! I couldn't do it now, but the memories are wonderful. I want to travel around Scandinavia, particularly Norway where I had a holiday job as a student. But in comfort! Not camping! The tent remains in the loft untouched ever since! I would like to sing solo in public. That would take some courage!

jaypo

« Reply #19 on: December 14, 2018, 08:32:06 AM »

I'd love to see killer whales,saw pilot whales in Madeira but they're just big dolphins really

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
« Reply #20 on: December 14, 2018, 11:34:43 AM »

Hi! tnx for the catch up

Still the Italian Lakes  ;)

hereandthere

« Reply #21 on: December 15, 2018, 07:32:05 AM »

Ju Ju tell us more about Norway? I fell pregnant while living in the UK and cancelled a trip there to go home 😞
I'd love to see the Italian lakes too, as I've only seen the big cities. But I may never get there as too many countries to see with lack of funds and Greece is next.
I've seen a lot of whales- saw one yesterday from my boss' house (Xmas after party) which is right on the beach. Very late for whales in our part of the world actually- they should have moved on. We mostly see southern right whales. Definitely not killer whales I acknowledge!

jaypo

« Reply #22 on: December 15, 2018, 10:06:55 AM »

Oh I'm so jealous hereandthere, I find something almost mystical about whales.
Been to Norway many times,it's beautiful,not sure I'd want to stay there though, I think it would feel quite claustrophobic.

hereandthere

« Reply #23 on: December 16, 2018, 06:24:11 AM »

Check out The Whales' Song by Dyan Sheldon. It's a children's book but beautiful mystical art and story about a whale.

jaypo

« Reply #24 on: December 16, 2018, 09:53:49 AM »

I will,thank you x
Pages: 1 [2]