Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Please have a look at the questionnaire page if you have a spare minute.

media

Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: Turmeric paste for joint pain  (Read 6379 times)

Rosebush

Re: Turmeric paste for joint pain
« Reply #15 on: July 03, 2018, 10:02:42 PM »

Many thanks Cassie.. :-*

Rosebush

« Reply #16 on: July 04, 2018, 11:28:57 AM »

Many thanks Heidi I have put link into my fav's and going have a good read now with my cup of coffee.. :-* :-*

paisley

« Reply #17 on: July 04, 2018, 02:12:27 PM »

I am going to have a look too at turmeric as I have also read how good it is in the menopause.
I use turmeric powder in cooking. Is that ok or do you need to buy the tablets or paste as they may be stronger?

Wilks

« Reply #18 on: July 04, 2018, 07:46:59 PM »

Turmeric latte is nice too. Use a pinch of black pepper to help it to be absorbed effectively.
Using turmeric in cooking is probably at least as effective as a supplement if not better as it is much better absorbed if it's combined with food. That's what Michael Moseley says anyway!

heidif67

« Reply #19 on: July 05, 2018, 08:48:53 AM »

I am going to have a look too at turmeric as I have also read how good it is in the menopause.
I use turmeric powder in cooking. Is that ok or do you need to buy the tablets or paste as they may be stronger?

Hi, Paisley...  I'd look into making the paste yourself if I were you - it's a doddle & you can do a batch and freeze it!  You also know then EXACTLY what has gone into it.  I appreciate it's easier to pop a pill sometimes but it really only takes 10mins to make.

According to the articles I've read you get maximum benefit by mixing the turmeric with black pepper & coconut oil.  It's all on the link I shared. 

Hope you get the same results as me.... I'm cockahoop!!!   ;D ;D ;D

heidif67

« Reply #20 on: July 19, 2018, 10:48:31 AM »

Ok.... so I'm a couple of months in taking turmeric paste and I now have NO knee pain at all.  I am now able to do a few yoga poses I hadn't been able to do for months & months.

Obviously, we won't all react the same, but it's working for me.

The point of this update is that I have bought a couple of silicone coffee bean moulds (used in baking) off t'internet and am now freezing my turmeric paste rather than stirring it into hot water/milk - so no stained teeth  ;D ;D ;D  Just straight down with a glass of water!

Good luck to you if you're trying it :) x

Cassie

« Reply #21 on: July 22, 2018, 09:42:43 AM »

Hiedif67 just remember that its important to take the tumeric with some form of food for absorption even in warmed coffee, they dont recommend drinking the frozen pieces as it can cause damage to the oesophagus, perhaps pop a frozen blob in some coffee and drink it like that. I make warm bovril water and I add some paste and a dash of tumeric pepper its delicious.

heidif67

« Reply #22 on: July 23, 2018, 09:27:48 AM »

Thanks, Cassie... I take it at breakfast time and tea time so always with food.

I'm not convinced about such a tiny lump of anything frozen causing damage to the oesophagus - I eat bigger pieces of ice lolly ;)  That said, if you can post the link to this information I'd love to give it a read.  I don't want to swap one problem for another, after all :)

Labelle

« Reply #23 on: July 23, 2018, 12:36:00 PM »

thank you for this
My knee is terribly sore I am going to try the tumeric paste asap x :)

Rosebush

« Reply #24 on: July 24, 2018, 10:55:48 AM »

Heidi were did you buy your Turmeric Powder, I have seen it in 2 Supermarkets but not sure its the right powder, I want to make a paste and 'put on'  to my knee's, have been reading so much about it over last week and want to give it a go, for anyone else who is using it and getting relief well done.. :-* :-*

Cassie

« Reply #25 on: July 24, 2018, 12:33:53 PM »

Hi Rosebush the paste will not work used on the outside, you need to drink it in some coffee or take it with food, I just had mine now with some tomatoe juice its very pleasant. All that will happen from the outside is you will get yellow knees.

heidif67

« Reply #26 on: July 24, 2018, 04:00:10 PM »

Hi Rosebush...  I seem to have had my last post with the link to the website removed???  Maybe we aren't allowed to post links to a specific website. Would be good to be notified as to why tho, so I don't make the same mistake again!!!!

Anyway, I bought mine from Buy Wholefoods Online. 1kg bag - organic, appx £10.  Other health food websites are available.

I bought my coconut oil from Aldi.  Other supermarkets are available.

I probably got my black pepper from Tesco or Asda.  Maybe even Sainsbury's - I'm not very loyal ;)  Not Waitrose though - don't have one nearby!

I'm with Cassie regarding applying it directly to your knee.  I have read that you can do this, but I don't really see how you would absorb it properly.  Also you'd use LOADS!  That said, it's your call & I'd definitely be interested in your results and ensuing 'tan'...  ;D

Let's see if this post sticks, shall we!?!

H :) x
Pages: 1 [2]