Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Please have a look at the questionnaire page if you have a spare minute.

media

Author Topic: Difference between oestrogel and oestrodose bottles  (Read 882 times)

Lisa1966

Difference between oestrogel and oestrodose bottles
« on: June 13, 2018, 08:28:26 AM »

Hi ladies,I'm due to pick up my oestrogel today,how can I tell if it's oestrogel or oestrodose?

Lisa xx

Daisydot

Re: Difference between oestrogel and oestrodose bottles
« Reply #1 on: June 13, 2018, 10:09:50 AM »

Hi Lisa the one you want is a blue and white can.thats oestrogel.
The oestrodose is more like a shaped plastic bottle.tell the chemist they have different fillers and the oestrogel absorbs better and doesent smell so full of alcohol. They can only try to get it but if sources are out of stock then you'd have to accept whatever they can get.xx

Lisa1966

« Reply #2 on: June 13, 2018, 10:19:58 AM »

Thanks daisydot xx

Hurdity

« Reply #3 on: June 13, 2018, 04:50:46 PM »

They don't actually have different fillers though - they are exactly the same according to the product info/leaflets I have seen on the web. The only thing I can think of re the difference (apart from the canisters) is that the proportions of these same ingredients/fillers differ so that oestrodose (manufactured in the Philippines) are deliberately slightly different to alter the drying time for hot countries - which could affect absorption?  Any difference would become more marked in women who are either very sensitive to slight changes in levels and/or those on higher doses where differences in absorption could be multiplied (eg 4 pumps rather than 1 pump). I wrote to the manufacturers but didn't get a reply  ::)

Lisa I don't think it really matters which one you use as long as you pretty much stay with the same type. The problems seem to arise with some women who have been using oestrogel for some time and then suddenly given oestrodose, and as I said those on higher doses could notice this more if there is a difference in consistency.

Hurdity x

Lisa1966

« Reply #4 on: June 13, 2018, 05:08:36 PM »

Hi herdity,I was given oestrodose,but had a bad day a work,so couldn't be bothered to argue,I will see how it goes,can't believe how quick it dried though

Lisa xx

Hurdity

« Reply #5 on: June 13, 2018, 09:49:44 PM »

Good luck with it - glad it's drying quicker than Sandrena and hope you feel better on it :)

Hurdity x