Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Mobile version of the Forum Click here

media

Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: Extreme fatigue  (Read 6622 times)

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
Re: Extreme fatigue
« Reply #15 on: May 29, 2018, 01:57:13 PM »

Take it easy, listen to your body.  Teresa you've been through a HUGE upheaval. 

I was very tired 12 months ago due to low VitD levels.  I would garden for 20 mins. then have to sit for 2 hours, absolutely still.  Scarey!

My Mum had a mastectomy at aged 65 but it was a different type of cancer to the one I had years later.

Denise R

« Reply #16 on: May 29, 2018, 07:08:29 PM »

Thank you Hurdity for your very helpful comments and advice.  I will try the Floridix and see if that helps.

Conolly

« Reply #17 on: May 29, 2018, 09:09:01 PM »

Hello Denise R,

I have been suffering from extreme fatigue since perimenopause began, but now that I'm one year post-menopause (theoretically speaking this is still perimenopause) it's not as bad.

I think the disturbed sleep (caused by hot flushes and anxiety) is the main culprit. As long as you can control those to some extent you will be feeling a bit better. Another important factor is muscle fatigue. We tend to keep doing the same things as we used to do before menopause and we just don't have the same muscle flexibility and strength so we have to take it easy on house chores and high impact exercices, at least until you can adhere to a physical workout routine (which many of us don't). Meanwhile, hang in there and keep smiling, it truly helps.

Conolly X

Wilks

« Reply #18 on: May 30, 2018, 06:24:17 AM »

I've been recommended by my doctor to take a coenzyme Q10 supplement or B vitamins.
To be honest, they didn't do much for the loss of energy I suffered with last autumn/winter and I was so miserable too. In January, I started taking fluoxetine. It's really helped me. I know antidepressants aren't for everyone but life is for living, not sitting around feeling like shit for months on end! I also started testosterone 2 months ago which also now seems to be helping with my energy.
The extra energy means I can do more exercise which is beneficial for mind and body  :)

Daisydot

« Reply #19 on: May 30, 2018, 08:14:36 AM »

Don't try the b12 patches Wilks they must be too strong or something I've had a terrible tummy pain all night and trots.ill stick to the oral spray now I'd no trouble with that.x

Conolly

« Reply #20 on: May 30, 2018, 05:31:09 PM »

I take B12 and D3. Levels are high. No difference regarding fatigue.

Conolly X

Denise R

« Reply #21 on: May 31, 2018, 03:09:48 PM »

Thank you all so much for your suggestions.  Everyone has been so helpful and I always feel that talking is therapy. It's just great to get things off your chest snd talk to people in the same situation. 

CLKD

« Reply #22 on: May 31, 2018, 05:21:47 PM »

Vit B12 etc. should be taken with medical advice, not over the counter.  Vit B12 must not be taken with some anti-depressants!!

Conolly

« Reply #23 on: May 31, 2018, 05:37:36 PM »

Hello CLKD,

Of course. Mine are under prescription, menopausal vegetarian.

I didn't know about the ADs interaction though. Which ones specifically?

Conolly X

CLKD

« Reply #24 on: May 31, 2018, 06:23:38 PM »

Old anti-depressant medications and VitB12 can be fatal.  Also, some old ADs interact with cheese, Bovril, Marmite, broad beans, bananas ........

Conolly

« Reply #25 on: May 31, 2018, 06:32:03 PM »

Thank you, CLKD. Which ones are considered ‘old'?

Conolly X

Wilks

« Reply #26 on: May 31, 2018, 08:53:20 PM »

Monoamine oxidase inhibitors (such as tranylcypromine) are the antidepressants that you need to be careful with regard to interactions, but they are quite infrequently prescribed these days.

CLKD

« Reply #27 on: May 31, 2018, 09:31:07 PM »

Tnx.  Glad I'm not taking *that* down in shorthand  :lol:

Wilks

« Reply #28 on: June 01, 2018, 06:51:06 AM »

Lol, I thought I was at work for a moment!

slayer

« Reply #29 on: June 01, 2018, 11:07:12 AM »

I suffer from fatigue, not sure what to do for it has i have another condition that can also cause fatigue. feel like i'm going through puberty again....
Pages: 1 [2]