Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Not a Forum member? You can still subscribe to our Free Newsletter

media

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6

Author Topic: Natural sleep aids  (Read 12242 times)

Mrs Bella

Re: Natural sleep aids
« Reply #30 on: May 29, 2018, 01:33:55 AM »

Thank you for responding Conolly!
My menopause symptoms started late last year. It's been a roller coaster ride since then. So I think my hormones are still all over the place. I am taking HRT tablets and an antidepressant.
I am in OZ thus it's daytime. Despite being exhausted, even if I were to go back to sleep for a nana nap I would lay there wide awake. I wish there was an easy answer/solution 😞
« Last Edit: May 29, 2018, 01:38:53 AM by Mrs Bella »

Conolly

« Reply #31 on: May 29, 2018, 02:13:14 AM »

I'm afraid nothing is easy...

When have your sleep problems begun? Before HRT? Do you need progesterone? Late last year means you're still going through perimenopause, so you will be experiencing many symptoms because the hormonal fluctuations are huge. 

Hang in there, sweetie. At least you live in a wonderful country 😎

Mrs Bella

« Reply #32 on: May 29, 2018, 02:45:01 AM »

I'm afraid nothing is easy...

When have your sleep problems begun? Before HRT? Do you need progesterone? Late last year means you're still going through perimenopause, so you will be experiencing many symptoms because the hormonal fluctuations are huge. 

Hang in there, sweetie. At least you live in a wonderful country 😎
I haven't slept well for awhile. But the insomnia really took hold when the hot flushes started.
I thought the HRT was helping, but am now questioning that.
I tried Tribolone which also has progesterone in it. The progesterone sent me more bonkers. So I am on a straight estrogen HRT now (Duavive).
Yes, I am lucky living here. I live in rural Victoria. 50 minutes to the coast, and 1 hour to The Grampians Ranges. It sure is a beautiful part of the world I am blessed to live in.
« Last Edit: May 29, 2018, 02:46:59 AM by Mrs Bella »

Conolly

« Reply #33 on: May 29, 2018, 11:29:40 AM »

Hello Bella,

So you are post-menopausal... ?

Hot flushes are my major problem now, sleep wise. Have you noticed some improvement while on Tibolone and now on Duavive?

Conolly X

Mrs Bella

« Reply #34 on: May 29, 2018, 12:36:54 PM »

Hello Bella,

So you are post-menopausal... ?

Hot flushes are my major problem now, sleep wise. Have you noticed some improvement while on Tibolone and now on Duavive?

Conolly X
I think I am in the peri one. My estrogen levels are all over the place.
I did notice a difference on Tibolone, but I came off it due to the pain I experienced in my abdomen. My tummy would blow up to the point of looking like I was 9 months pregnant and I was in so much pain. I also put on 6kg in 4 weeks.
I would describe the Duavive as half working...I still get the sweats up, anxiety and insomnia.
I don't know whether I am Arthur or Martha Conolly 😔

Conolly

« Reply #35 on: May 29, 2018, 12:50:12 PM »

Poor thing. I have just asked because as I understand both drugs are for post-menopausal ladies...  ?

Mrs Bella

« Reply #36 on: May 29, 2018, 10:48:22 PM »

Poor thing. I have just asked because as I understand both drugs are for post-menopausal ladies...  ?
Oh 🤔
I wonder why my GP has put me on them then.
What am I meant to be on Conolly?

Conolly

« Reply #37 on: May 30, 2018, 12:34:50 AM »

Sorry Mrs Bella, I have no expertise on HRT, all I know  is to read the leaflets... both drugs are used for ‘postmenopausal' women.

I can't be 100% positive that they can't be used in perimenopause but I'm assuming they have not been extensively tested in perimenopausal wonen.

You could ask your GP why did he choose them. I'm sure you can find this information on the main MM website, under ‘Treatments'.

Conolly X

Mrs Bella

« Reply #38 on: May 30, 2018, 02:35:13 AM »

Sorry Mrs Bella, I have no expertise on HRT, all I know  is to read the leaflets... both drugs are used for ‘postmenopausal' women.

I can't be 100% positive that they can't be used in perimenopause but I'm assuming they have not been extensively tested in perimenopausal wonen.

You could ask your GP why did he choose them. I'm sure you can find this information on the main MM website, under ‘Treatments'.

Conolly X
Thank you Conolly! X

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
« Reply #39 on: May 30, 2018, 06:48:32 AM »

My brain wouldn't switch off last night  >:( - flashbacks, legs ached, legs cold, rest of me hot.  Very little to do with hormones but a 'usual' bad night. 

Mrs Bella

« Reply #40 on: May 30, 2018, 07:58:34 AM »

My brain wouldn't switch off last night  >:( - flashbacks, legs ached, legs cold, rest of me hot.  Very little to do with hormones but a 'usual' bad night.
That sounds horrendous CLKD!
I hope you get a better nights sleep tonight. X

Mrs Bella

« Reply #41 on: May 30, 2018, 08:04:49 AM »

Conolly I really have gone bonkers...I looked up “Treatments”. Halfway through I realised I had already read the information. CLKD suggested I read up on treatments last week.
I went to see my GP today. She wants me to continue with the Duavive for another 2 months. After that I shall know if it is working effectively. If not, then she will prescribe me Femoston.
« Last Edit: May 30, 2018, 08:07:24 AM by Mrs Bella »

Daisydot

« Reply #42 on: May 30, 2018, 08:10:37 AM »

You have to learn to be kind to yourself Mrs B.your not bonkers just having a few blip moments like all the rest of us on here lol.
The fact that you can run a busy house with youngsters and a working farm speaks volumes about you.
Be guided by your gp sometimes we get a good one,if not then the ladies here will come to your rescue using their experiences to try and guide you.keep posting I enjoy your company xx

Hurdity

« Reply #43 on: May 30, 2018, 08:12:06 AM »

Re the post-meno prescriptions - Mrs Bella has had a hysterectomy so doesn't know where she is in menopause - Is that right Mrs Bella? I am also interested to know though why you have been prescribed Tibolone and Duavive if you don't have a uterus but I am presuming you need the progestogen ( or the SERM in Duavive) because you had endometriosis before your hysterectomy and therefore need to take progestogen all the time to prevent any build up of deposits outside your body?

If you didn't have endometriosis - then a reason for being prescribed Tibiolone would be low libido, but no reason to be prescribed Duavive as you wouldn't need the protective effect of the bazedoxifene ( sp?), and you certainly wouldn't need Femoston! Duavive is  a pretty low dose of oestrogen as well.

Remember if you are in Oz there is a testosterone cream now approved and available - Androfeme, so you could have this alongside an oestrogen patch or pill...

Hurdity x

Mrs Bella

« Reply #44 on: May 30, 2018, 09:19:23 AM »

You have to learn to be kind to yourself Mrs B.your not bonkers just having a few blip moments like all the rest of us on here lol.
The fact that you can run a busy house with youngsters and a working farm speaks volumes about you.
Be guided by your gp sometimes we get a good one,if not then the ladies here will come to your rescue using their experiences to try and guide you.keep posting I enjoy your company xx
Awwwww thank you Daisydot! I enjoy your company as well.
Oh I am my own worse critic. I see the good in others, but mostly the bad in myself. I have been like this as early as I can remember.
I have a fabulous GP. I have been seeing her for 19 years. I trust her judgment as she knows my medical history like the back of her hand. I am limited to what medications I can take as I have some liver function disorder...can't remember the name. Basically my liver can't process certain medications so they build up to toxic levels. I had a near death experience which lead to genetic testing amongst other tests that pointed the finger at a dodgie liver.
However, I did run through a few other HRT options which some of the other ladies have suggested. My GP took it all on board.
I am finding the MM community so supportive. Not just about menopause, but also about life in general. There is always something that resonates with me when I read others' posts.
Blimey I really am prattling on... I will keep posting, and thank you Daisydot for responding to them. X
« Last Edit: May 30, 2018, 09:24:28 AM by Mrs Bella »
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6