Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Menopause Matters magazine ISSUE 75 out now. (Spring issue, March 2024)

media

Author Topic: Utrogestan dosage  (Read 2314 times)

Fullmoon

Utrogestan dosage
« on: July 08, 2016, 07:48:48 AM »

Hello all,

Is anyone who is post-meno taking Utrogestan for 7 days out of 28 which I believe is the regime that Prof John Stubbs advocates?  I have taken Utrogestan continuously for some years now but I think it is contributing to low mood and 'brain fog' - so last week I decided to take a break having read on John Stubbs website about the seven days each month - and whether coincidental or not - have felt hugely better since.  I take 2 squirts of oestrogel daily as well.  Thanks!

Fullmoon

Re: Utrogestan dosage
« Reply #1 on: July 08, 2016, 09:10:58 AM »

Thanks StellaJane - much appreciated.  I didn't know there was a standard minimum length of time - the advice seems widely inconsistent on this one.  I stopped taking the Utrogestan seven days ago and haven't had a bleed - but I have been taking it continuously for a number of years so who knows what my body thinks is going on?  When I first started it I was fine with it but maybe now I am fully post-menopause my body doesn't need it the same way?  I guess no-one rally knows and we have to go through trial and error until we find something that works whilst being aware of the risks.  A minefield...

Fullmoon

« Reply #2 on: July 08, 2016, 10:10:49 AM »

Yes indeed - I suspect we have all been victims of a 'one-size fits all' mentality.  I really appreciate your reply.

Hurdity

« Reply #3 on: July 08, 2016, 03:43:50 PM »

Oo-er two threads going on this topic - I've answered on the utrogestan/estrogel thread where you asked the same question! As Stellajane says the standard dose is 200 mg x 12s orally permonth - so I would say 12 days in the recommended licensed minimum although some of the synthetic progestogens in some of the non-standard HRT types give 10 days.

Hurdity x

juliemargaret

« Reply #4 on: June 01, 2019, 07:38:14 AM »

I am 48 and peri. I am on utrogestan 100mg vaginally on alternate days on the advice of my meno expert. Inasked  jer ifthis was right...and not a cycle and she sais not to worry it is fine and to keep going. Im a week in....oestrogel and alternate utro.  ! Not sure how i feel..had a bleed for 2 days but gone now....but have woken with mild headache. I do query if i wouod be better in a cyckical...ie 12 days month but also onow this doctor is one of the best in her field !! Anyine else on alternate days utro?