Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Follow us on Twitter and Facebook

media

Author Topic: Top Tips  (Read 1553 times)

Daisydot

Top Tips
« on: June 03, 2018, 08:49:48 AM »

Thought I'd start a new thread with top tips advice as we get so much good stuff that gets lost in the threads.
My top tip today!
If anyone uses amazon prime go into the free books for kindle readers and you can download loads of great books.
Tempest told me about one called “ Screaming to be heard” absolutely fab book that covers just about everything hormonal and well worth a read,I also bought the hard copy but it weighs a ton lol so that's why I thought I'll try kindle see if available and then got it for free.
This thread can be about anything that you think is a Top Tip so what may not be important or relevant to you could be to others. Xx

Snoooze

Re: Top Tips
« Reply #1 on: June 03, 2018, 11:38:52 AM »

You can also sign up for a free Kindle Unlimited trial if you aren't signed up to Prime. Only trouble is you are borrowing the book. It gets returned to the library after your trial finishes.

jillydoll

• Hiya
« Reply #2 on: June 03, 2018, 11:40:09 AM »

My top tip is,
When ever you lovely ladies want to wear a strapping top, but are conscious of the
tops of your arms, use some moisturiser on them, it does make them look a little bit better.
Well, in my mind it does anyway.....try it, it might work better for you... :)

Jd xx

Daisydot

« Reply #3 on: June 03, 2018, 11:53:08 AM »

New top tip
For any of you ladies suffering dry mouth and oral thrush try swishing some raw organic coconut oil around your mouth for ten minutes if you can then spit it out and do this 4 times daily it'll help kill off the thrush.x

Daisydot

« Reply #4 on: June 04, 2018, 08:25:50 PM »

Maybe a bit of useful info for ladies who don't need much sleep these days,the open university has over 800 free online short courses that may interest you I find it's an interesting distraction for me to help pass the time some days if I'm feeling a bit unloved and at a loose end xx

katsclaws

« Reply #5 on: June 05, 2018, 07:02:56 AM »

Future Learn also have some good free online courses. The one on Mindfulness is excellent.

Daisydot

« Reply #6 on: June 05, 2018, 07:15:27 AM »

Thank you I'll have a nosy at that later x

Tiddles

« Reply #7 on: June 05, 2018, 09:10:12 AM »

Morning all.

My top tip for increasing your water consumption if, like me, drinking water is a chore to you.  I've started having a glass  before every cup of tea or coffee I drink.  As a result I've gone from drinking zero pure water to drinking about 14 glasses a day.  Doing this a) helps me remember to drink water and b) knowing I'm about to get a nice cup of tea or coffee (albeit decaff) after the water makes it more bearable :-) x

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
« Reply #8 on: June 05, 2018, 02:38:08 PM »

I would be too bloated  ::).  I get plenty of liquids from my over-all diet.

My Gran always told me 'a little of what you fancy' .........  my tip would be to cook as much fresh food from scratch and avoid ready-meals and eating out as often.

Robin

« Reply #9 on: June 05, 2018, 04:36:02 PM »

I don't think I can access the free copy of the book Daisydot but have downloaded the sample and will probably buy when I've read it

Thanks
X

Daisydot

« Reply #10 on: June 05, 2018, 05:27:23 PM »

Yes your right Robin it's only chapter one on the sample. I've been had lol