Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Got a story to tell for the magazine? Get in touch with the editor!

media

Author Topic: How much is too much  (Read 1013 times)

ouchouch

How much is too much
« on: May 22, 2018, 10:04:11 AM »

I paid to see private HRT Consultant and she put me on protocol of
Metformin, Glucobay as feels I have blood glucose levels up and down which means increase insulin which will block estrogen uptake.
 Evorel 75 patches  and the added in Progynova and things started ticking along.
Then I started a period which continued for 4 weeks started cramping pains so GP sent me for a scan which all ok and 7mm. Consultant started me on Provera to stop period but on two a day still didnt stop.
7 weeks into period she then gave me norethisterone which stopped it..... hooray.
I then went to see my GP at my surgery who does wellwoman clinic and she was not happy at what I am taking! Says this partic consultant puts most people on the same protocol.

This is what I currently take and she said to stop all of them as too much estrogen doesnt make things any better.
A. Provera  twice a day .....she said bad reviews and very synthetic.  Dont need this in addition to the norethisterone apparently.
B. PRogynova 2mg twice a day tooo much
C. Evorel 75 patches twice a week too much

I struggle to keep the patches on so she has suggested I change to Sandreena gel 1mg a day and stop all else.
recommends a coil for progesterone that last a year..... not Mirena says there is a more natural one.
but in meantime keep taking the norethisterone.

Any thoughts any one as so confused with all this different advice...
Do I go with GP advice or stick with consultant.

Daisydot

Re: How much is too much
« Reply #1 on: May 22, 2018, 10:13:54 AM »

Sounds to me like you've got a good gp there very on the ball so my instinct would be to listen to her advice as the private meno consultants recommendations are obviously not doing it for you.the fact that your gp sent you for a scan so quickly tells me she knows her stuff too and got you help pretty quickly,that's all you can ask of any gp I'd swop with you in a heartbeat lol.xx

ouchouch

Re: How much is too much
« Reply #2 on: May 22, 2018, 10:36:57 AM »

Yes indeed This time she very helpful but when she put me on HRT about 5 years ago she wasnt so helpful. Thats why I gave up.

I guess I am paying the Consultant so will email to tell her what I am doing and could always go back if my GP's streamline 1mg gel a day brings all the mood and hot flushes back.
Am just so pleased the 7 weeks period has ended.
I am really focusing on no sugar and only carbs from vegetables so no insulin spikes which definitely helps with mood anyway.

Sad you GP not helpful, wonder why they do the job sometimes.