Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Menopause Matters magazine ISSUE 75 out now. (Spring issue, March 2024)

media

Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 15

Author Topic: What part/parts of your body are ticking you off just now  (Read 29460 times)

Shadyglade

Re: What part/parts of your body are ticking you off just now
« Reply #45 on: April 17, 2018, 06:06:06 PM »

Ooh, doesn't bear thinking about. I used to have one of those things that pulled the hair out. Looked like a shaver but wasn't.

I cried every time I used it. Never again.

Daisydot

« Reply #46 on: April 17, 2018, 07:49:28 PM »

Ouch that's a definately no no,I'm so lucky being quite hairless and fair,I've never ever shaved my legs there's nothing there,my mum was hairless too yet we have good head hair lol.only thing is I've no blooming eyebrows or eyelashes while my grandchildren all have cow eyelashes,it's not fair 😁

jillydoll

• Hiya
« Reply #47 on: April 17, 2018, 07:57:26 PM »

Hi everyone.

I'm fair too and I'm quite hairy. Hairy legs, arms, but because they're
Fair it don't bother me.
As for eyebrows, haven't had any of those much for decades, after over plucking
Them and shaving them all off to be the same as David Bowie back when I was very young!
Lol.. I hated them that much I had to get them tattooed on.(well, it's semi-permanent)
Much better now.....lol

Jd x

Daisydot

« Reply #48 on: April 17, 2018, 08:00:43 PM »

Did that hurt and did you get dark or fair ones done,I look so ridiculous with eyebrows I'm not joking,I use a colouring wand sometimes it's like small hair particles it adds in but if I just go that tiny bit too far with it I look horrible.

Kernow

« Reply #49 on: April 17, 2018, 08:15:48 PM »

Perhaps you could stick the hair you've removed from other areas onto your eyebrows JD :rofl:

Eyebrows are quite the thing now aren't they...I bought some stuff that you just brush on to make them grow and it has helped a lot.

Not keen on the overly strong eyebrow.... ::)

jillydoll

• Hiya
« Reply #50 on: April 17, 2018, 08:22:45 PM »

Hi daisydot.
No it doesn't hurt, she put some numbing cream on first, then does the tattoo.
Fair ones. Like a sandy shade. So not too bold.

Hi kernow.
Well, I did try that once but started to look like Boris Johnson..so I had to stop. :rofl:
No, they're not bold, I ent got the confidence for that..

Jd x

Daisydot

« Reply #51 on: April 17, 2018, 10:28:03 PM »

No I'll pass even the numbing cream would hurt me 😂 I'll stick to shading them in occasionally I think I'm too 🐔😆

Two hoots

« Reply #52 on: April 18, 2018, 02:16:39 PM »

I've been rubbing my eyes and sneezing this week but I know it's hay fever, it's a beautiful day here today and I've been out weeding so the panda look will appear this evening after I smudge my mascara rubbing my eyes  ;D

Daisydot

« Reply #53 on: April 18, 2018, 02:29:55 PM »

I think that's another thing that's annoyed me I haven't been able to wear any liner or mascara since before Xmas and even sticking rigidly to that my eyes still look red and scabby.x

Robin

« Reply #54 on: April 18, 2018, 02:59:47 PM »

Have you tried blephasol Daisydot? I use it to clean the skin around my eyes. My pharmacist recommended it to me as I'm struggling with dry red skin in that area. It doesn't help my dry eyes just the skin around them and the eyelash area. I fully expected to be allergic to it as I am to so many things but thankfully I'm not. It's extremely gentle. I have problems even with water on my skin but can use this.

Daisydot

« Reply #55 on: April 18, 2018, 03:09:58 PM »

No I haven't Robin that's straight onto my to do list I'll get that in the morning like you say I have trouble even using water it really nips my eyes.thanks so much for that suggestion xx

Robin

« Reply #56 on: April 18, 2018, 03:15:17 PM »

I use a cotton wool pad with some on to wipe around my eyes then clean the lash line with a cotton bud soaked in it. Boots sell it if your local pharmacy doesn't. Hope it improves things for you.

Daisydot

« Reply #57 on: April 18, 2018, 03:19:08 PM »

I've just ordered the wipes online they'll be here tomorrow as I just remembered I'm stuck in again tomorrow,fingers crossed I'm desperate for some relief lol.thanks again robin xx

Robin

« Reply #58 on: April 18, 2018, 03:26:39 PM »

The wipes are good but the liquid is much better for cleaning the lash line properly. I don't know why but it does make a difference cleaning that area even if there's no dirt to see. Hopefully the wipes will do the job for you but if you find it helps but could be better then try the liquid on the cotton bud.

Robin

« Reply #59 on: April 18, 2018, 03:28:16 PM »

The wipes are good for holidays
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 15