Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Follow us on Twitter and Facebook

media

Pages: 1 2 3 [4]

Author Topic: I wish I'd never asked.....  (Read 11542 times)

HelenJ

Re: I wish I'd never asked.....
« Reply #45 on: February 21, 2018, 02:22:24 PM »

I am suffering from anxiety so badly that I can hardly function at work for fear of making a mistake.  My manager has referred me to the Occ Health team (I work for the NHS) and at the moment I am waiting to be seen.  Despite being on HRT patches and the hot flushes have all but gone, they have left me shaking with fright. Some days I sit at my desk paralysed with fear. THIS ISN'T ME!!  I used to be so bold and confident but now I feel like giving up.  I have decided to change jobs as I really feel like I am floundering as I can't cope with the pressure in this role.  There is so little support out there for the menopause it beggars belief.

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
« Reply #46 on: February 21, 2018, 06:38:46 PM »

Helen: Do you feel supported in your NHS role? 

If you have that much fear then maybe an anti-anxiety medication would be worth trying.  Either on a daily basis and/or with an 'as necessary' Valiumtype pill.  Without my 'go to' pill I wouldn't be here.

You have come to the right place.  Browse round.

HelenJ

« Reply #47 on: February 22, 2018, 09:38:43 AM »

CLKD - My manager is very understanding and the concern I have is this is not limitless. I get it that I have to be at work and do what they pay me to do but I will take your advice and speak to my GP about this anxiety. Lack of sleep ain't helping either!
Thank you for your reply....Sometimes just 'talking' to someone who has been through it guides you towards the light!

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
« Reply #48 on: February 25, 2018, 12:50:23 PM »

Getting appropriate treatment to ease anxiety will give you breathing space.  Without my medication I wouldn't be here. 

Some ladies require HRT and ADs/anti-anxiety treatments to run alongside.  The Change doesn't come alone!

Roseneath

« Reply #49 on: March 07, 2018, 03:10:04 PM »

Hi Helen J. Just wanted to say that I empathise with your posts. About a year ago just after when my period cycles started changing I was hit my crippling anxiety, fear, feeling of not being ' me', terrible insomnia.  Saw countless GPs, tried CBT, HRT looking for a magic pill to get the ' old ' me back. I still have bad health anxiety but the terrible out of control feeling has gone. For me it was time and realising that things pass. I took proprananol for around 6 months which really helped calm the physical symptoms and took a sleeping pill for a month to defog my exhausted brain. But it will pass. I didn't believe it at the time. I thought I was going crazy!

paisley

« Reply #50 on: March 12, 2018, 01:43:13 PM »

Yes just want to empathize. The crippling anxiety is really horrible. I take valerina & that does seem to take the edge off but if you are in a stressful situation it can just make it so much worse. I had a health scare a couple of weeks ago & worrying over that took the anxiety to another level.

Emerald2017

« Reply #51 on: April 15, 2018, 09:18:17 AM »

Hi! Sorry for having your meno so young! I'm older than you and diagnosed with POF a year ago. Can I ask you for how long can we take hrt? My gyn said that risks don't apply to us and it's up to me, I feel so good on hrt and I want it for life. :)
Pages: 1 2 3 [4]