Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Mobile version of the Forum Click here

media

Pages: [1] 2 3 4

Author Topic: New HRT, lenzetto  (Read 20937 times)

paisley

New HRT, lenzetto
« on: April 12, 2018, 08:55:45 AM »

Well I finally gave in after 11 months of stopping HRT I have started it again today. After a particularly bad day & night. I have started this morning the one I got in Spain called Lenzetto. It is an oestrogen spray that you spray on your arm once a day. You don't rub it in & it is supposed to dry within 2 minutes. I am going to chart my results here if no one minds. Every time I start a HRT I get side effects & so not looking forward to that but we will see. I hope me charting can help others too. I don't need to take progesterone because had a full hysterectomy  nearly 8 years ago

Dancinggirl

Re: New HRT, lenzetto
« Reply #1 on: April 12, 2018, 09:34:01 AM »

paisley - good luck.  I do think our bodies take time to adjust when first starting any HRT - including oestrogen.  If you start from a very low oestrogen base line, then your body has to make some big adjustments as the oestrogen will be waking everything up.  Start really low - maybe use every other day to start with? What is the the dose of this spray? Maybe it's quite high and that is why you react badly? Are you now in the UK?  If so I would pop to the GP and get some Oestrogel that can be managed more easily in terms of dosage. DG x

paisley

« Reply #2 on: April 12, 2018, 10:44:16 AM »

Thanks dancingirl
No I still live in Spain. I know what you mean about not being used to it after 11 months. It is meant to be the lowest dose. I think equivalent to a 0.25 patch

Daisydot

« Reply #3 on: April 12, 2018, 11:55:10 AM »

Hi paisley good luck and keep us updated pl. MaryG is already trialing this and is doing well on it,she's also in Spain.i I intend to buy some in May when I'm over.ive been told it's slightly stronger than Oestrogel but best person to speak to is your pharmacist there they are much more up to speed with hrt than any pharmacist or gp I've spoken to here in U.K. and my sister is a pharmacist here so I'm comparing using my experience of both countries,good luck Paisley.x

Annie0710

« Reply #4 on: April 12, 2018, 12:16:28 PM »

Good luck Paisley, really  hope it works or you x

Mary G

« Reply #5 on: April 12, 2018, 06:01:34 PM »

paisley, I'm glad you have taken the plunge and started the Lenzetto.  I don't see how you can feel any worse by taking it because you don't have to ruin your HRT regime by using progesterone which is the downfall for so many of us. 

As you know, since you introduced us to Lenzetto on here, I have been using it and so far so good, I really like it.  I am using 2 pumps every day which I split by about 12 hours and I am now into my 6th week.  I liked Oestrogel but I find Lenzetto easier to use and it dries in seconds.  The pharmacist told me that the delivery method is better than gel meaning a better and more consistent dose.  I was using two pumps of Oestrogel every day but two pumps of Lenzetto is a slightly higher dose of oestrogen which probably helps.

I don't know if you have any problems with VA but if you do, I think you will like the results.  I have suffered from mild VA from time to time - usually from using tampons - and I have found that it has completely disappeared and I don't get any vaginal/bladder irritation at all now.  I was slightly apprehensive when I switched because I used to put one pump of Oestrogel on my inner thighs which I found really helped.  As you know, Lenzetto can only be used on the inner forearm.

Please keep us posted, I'm looking forward to hearing how you progress.  You should start to notice an improvement in a week or so.

Daisydot

« Reply #6 on: April 12, 2018, 07:27:11 PM »

I can't wait to try it either MaryG I'm going to Italy next weekend so I wonder if they do lenzetto there otc I'll have to check that out in between tours lol.

paisley

« Reply #7 on: April 12, 2018, 08:28:42 PM »

Thanks everyone I will definitely keep you posted on how I get on.
Maryg, I do like the fact that it gives a more consistent dose which I think that I have had problems with in the past with other HRTs. I am really glad that it works good for you

paisley

« Reply #8 on: April 13, 2018, 10:39:26 AM »

2nd day of starting HRT
Much more mood swings & feel more weepy but only to be expected after starting HRT again after 11 months & I always have side effects from starting or stopping anything.

Mary G

« Reply #9 on: April 14, 2018, 08:36:21 PM »

Daisydot, good luck with locating the Lenzetto in Italy and have a good holiday!

paisley, I hope you feel some improvement soon. 

Daisydot

« Reply #10 on: April 14, 2018, 08:37:24 PM »

Thanks so much MaryG I'll keep you posted lol.x

paisley

« Reply #11 on: April 16, 2018, 08:57:08 AM »

Day 5 of new HRT
I would say things are slightly better but don't want to jinx it because when I say that it changes. When I first get up & early afternoon & evening are the worst at the moment. I use the spray at 8am in the morning
I assume the spray is like oestrogel. Can you still go swimming & sunbathe? I live in Spain. Also do you put it on the same place everyday or rotate it. For eg. Right arm one day & left the other day? Thanks

Mary G

« Reply #12 on: April 16, 2018, 11:01:48 AM »

paisley, if you need more than one pump you must spray it on a different spot further down you arm but you can use the same spot every 24 hours.

I'm doing a split dose of one pump every 12 hours and just do the second pump a bit further down my arm.

You can swim and sunbathe but I would leave it for about an hour after using it.

Hope it continues to go well!

paisley

« Reply #13 on: April 16, 2018, 11:52:02 AM »

Thanks Maryg
Was hoping you would reply. No I am only using 1 spray but wasn't sure if you kept it to the same place everyday or swapped arms but as you just said the same place everyday. Glad about the swimming & sunbathing. Don't want to miss out on that.
Thanks

Daisydot

« Reply #14 on: April 16, 2018, 03:58:35 PM »

So pleased it's going well for you ladies and pig sick about the sunbathing question  :rofl:
Pages: [1] 2 3 4