Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Follow us on Twitter and Facebook

media

Author Topic: Achey breaky  (Read 2162 times)

Deborah1967

Achey breaky
« on: April 04, 2018, 11:22:37 AM »

Hi,
I'm on day 14 of elleste duet 1mg which I take at 11am.I'm 50 and feel 90 with the aches and pains that I'm getting. I find at about 8pm I start getting super sore then at 10 I am struggling to stay awake followed by waking 3 times a night for the loo. I get up at 8am and the aches start and proceed to get worse through day. I'm also getting headaches again and starting to feel low in mood and a bit tetchy.
My wife who is 39 suffers from dissociative seizures which can be brought on by stress so when she asks how I'm feeling I say I'm ok when I'm not as I don't want her to worry.
Are these aches just my body adjusting? I want to give the hrt 3 months before making a decision on them but the thought of going through this pain and not understanding why is worrying me.
Any advice or tips on how to manage it would be greatly appreciated.

Dancinggirl

Re: Achey breaky
« Reply #1 on: April 04, 2018, 02:37:52 PM »

Hi and welcome to MM

Are you on the sequi or conti Elleste? Were you still getting periods when you started HRT? 
Has the aching all started since you started the HRT?
DG x

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
« Reply #2 on: April 04, 2018, 03:00:06 PM »

As oestrogen levels drop so muscles may become lax = aches and pains  ::)

Deborah1967

« Reply #3 on: April 04, 2018, 04:21:05 PM »

Thanks for your reply.
Yes I'm still having periods and was aching before hrt but this pain is on another level.
I have to take one daily, starting green ones in couple of days. X

CLKD

« Reply #4 on: April 04, 2018, 04:24:27 PM »

Have you taken any pain relief?

Dancinggirl

« Reply #5 on: April 04, 2018, 04:39:34 PM »

Do you think you could have a virus? It's strange to get bad aching on the oestrogen phase.
Getting out for brisk walks can really help with aches.
I'm also wondering  if your are low in vitamin D? Aching joints and fatigue are symptoms of low vitamin d and it's been a long winter with little sunshine so supplements are essential. DG x

Joaniepat

« Reply #6 on: April 04, 2018, 05:24:14 PM »

Just to add to DG's excellent advice, you say you are having to get up 3 times a night for the loo, which does seem excessive and would make you tired during the day. Are you using any local oestrogen such as Vagifem or Ovestin? This would help with any bladder problems which can be brought on by the start of urogenital atrophy, something very many women get during perimenopause and menopause.

I was getting up at 2 or 3 times in the night, but since using local oestrogen (alongside systemic) I usually sleep through.

JP x

CLKD

« Reply #7 on: April 04, 2018, 07:01:34 PM »

Drink plenty otherwise the kidneys have to work harder = getting out of bed more at night.

Hurdity

« Reply #8 on: April 05, 2018, 03:20:02 PM »

Hi Deborah1967

When you say you are still having periods - how often were you getting them prior to starting HRT and they changed in flow at all? Elleste Duet 1 mg is a pretty low dose tablet HRT but if your periods were still completely regular it might be too soon for you although you are at the age where one would expect to be peri-menopausal.

What was the reason you started HRT ie were you getting classic menopausal symptoms of flushes and sweats and have these abated?

Hurdity x

Deborah1967

« Reply #9 on: April 08, 2018, 12:33:11 PM »

Thank you all for your replies,
My periods became heavier and more painful. The mood swings out of control to the point I hated being around myself. Insomnia at night. Aching joints but no hot flushes.
I'm agoraphobic, have been for 4 years now. Suffer bad social anxiety. Very rarely leave my home.
I started green pill this morning and feel nauseous.
Id give anything to feel like my old self again.

CLKD

« Reply #10 on: April 08, 2018, 12:39:29 PM »

I had 3 months when I couldn't even go into my garden  :'( so my GP gave me suitable medication which really has helped.  I can now do things I thought I would never do again ...........

Anxiety can be caused if 1 doesn't eat correctly.  I am a recovering anorexic which brings problems so I try to eat B4 my body requires sustenance.  Stops that sickness and lurch of anxiety.  Slow release foods: dried fruits and nuts, bananas, porridge, pancakes.  Little and often.

It's The Change.  Sorry but you won't feel like your old self for a while as your hormones are up and down.  Try to take half a day at a time and don't plan too much in your day.  Give yourself 'treats', mine is crap afternoon TV  ;)

Do try a pain relief tablet regularly to ease symptoms. 

Deborah1967

« Reply #11 on: April 08, 2018, 01:19:04 PM »

Thankyou,
I underwent triple hepatitis C treatment 4 yrs ago which coincided with anxiety, depression, insomnia and everything else. Was put on numerous anti depressants and sleeping pills but nothing helped the moods got worse, effecting my relationship with the only two people I see, my partner and daughter.
I eat well and try to maintain a healthy diet, I've cut down coffee to 2 in morning, then herbal teas and lots of water.
I have always loved painting and have taken to it again after yrs of life getting in the way lol. It really does help the anxiety.
I've been sleeping better since taking white pills but have read horror stories about the pmt on the green ones. I'm trying to ignore it and take one day or hour at a time.
Thankyou again for your time x

CLKD

« Reply #12 on: April 08, 2018, 08:45:48 PM »

So you've read horror stories but this is how you will react.  You may be absolutely fine but if you feel 'off' then you will be aware that the green pill could be the reason.

Did the HepC treatment work?

Deborah1967

« Reply #13 on: April 09, 2018, 11:31:52 AM »

Hi,
Yes it did thank God because I wouldn't have gone through it twice. I still need blood tests every 6 months but still clear.
I'm not great with medication, the minute I feel weird I normally give it up but I'm going to give this hrt a fighting chance.
X