Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Follow us on Twitter and Facebook

media

Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 10

Author Topic: got a UTI brewing despite using vagifem, any advice  (Read 32769 times)

sidse

Re: got a UTI brewing despite using vagifem, any advice
« Reply #60 on: April 09, 2018, 02:40:25 PM »

CKLD - is there anything else that I could use in addition to vagifem to calm things down locally?
I am now at a loss as to what to do and feel that my body doesn't know whether it is coming or going with the things that I am desperately throwing at it.
I had a little bit of respite using AZO last night and maybe the fosfomycin, I just have a constant feeling of irritation at the end of the urethra and when I pee, the flow is very odd, sort of stop start.

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
« Reply #61 on: April 09, 2018, 02:42:42 PM »

Probably due to you being sore down there.  You could gently apply something soothing, i.e. LIVE yoghurt.  This is soothing as well as slippery enough to part the 'lips' in order to keep them 'oiled' if that makes sense  :-\.  I use KY Jelly or Savlon, Vaseline can also help.  Regular application.

Dancinggirl

« Reply #62 on: April 09, 2018, 02:44:55 PM »

The stop start flow is normal when we hit menopause - you need to practise really relaxing the pelvic floor when peeing.
All the strategies we have suggested will help but this is not a quite fix scenario  - it will take some weeks for things to settle very gradually.  The more you relax the better.  Do try lying down after lunch for an hour as the will take the pressure off the bladder and urethra.  DG x

sidse

« Reply #63 on: April 09, 2018, 02:58:33 PM »

I am realising that it is not a quick fix- I am pretty rubbish at tolerating pain and discomfort. I find lying down seems to make things worse as my brain just then focuses on the discomfort. Hence sleeping is difficult and t was already quite difficult. I will try and be brave and keep going. Thanks for all your support ladies, it has been really appreciated.x

CLKD

« Reply #64 on: April 09, 2018, 06:18:58 PM »

Listen - listen to us who have been in similar situations.  Keep up with the vagifem, regular pain relief and other lubricants around the outer are of the vagina.  The body doesn't get where it is suddenly so takes a while to readjust.  Don't give up!  This too will pass.

sidse

« Reply #65 on: April 10, 2018, 10:32:04 AM »

I am obviously avoiding coffee and tea whilst dealing with this, does anyone have any suggestions for hot drinks - I have some herbal teas but wonder if they are actually quite acidic.
I still have symptoms but am trying to keep hoping that the fosfomycin has worked. Just feel that the whole of my nether regions are inflamed.

Katejo

« Reply #66 on: April 10, 2018, 12:53:42 PM »

Sometimes you have to laugh about these things. I had a urine test over a week ago and it was inconclusive so the GP asked me to have it done again a week later  (to allow for time after finishing the Trimethroprim). I did that and was expecting the result now. I got a call this morning asking me to have the test again. I didn't object as I am not sure whether it has cleared or not but asked their  reason for the repeat. Apparently the label on the container got lost in transit...!  :D  I hope that is a genuine reason and not one to stop me wondering whether they have found something nasty.

Katejo

« Reply #67 on: April 10, 2018, 12:56:23 PM »

Listen - listen to us who have been in similar situations.  Keep up with the vagifem, regular pain relief and other lubricants around the outer are of the vagina.  The body doesn't get where it is suddenly so takes a while to readjust.  Don't give up!  This too will pass.
What advantages does Vagifem have over Estriol in your experience?  I intend to make an appointment with my preferred doctor to ask to try it but I am expecting resistance so want some solid reasons.

Daisydot

« Reply #68 on: April 10, 2018, 01:35:47 PM »

For sidse try some redbush vanilla tea from tetley,around £2-50 for a box in Asda,it's really pleasant to drink and it has no caffeine at all ,it's actually a herb not a tea,one if the other ladies I recommended it to is now sleeping like a baby and I'm so pleased it's helped her.i now get a good 7 hours nightly.
Katejo the advantage is Vagifem is so much easier to use it comes in its own individual wrapper with the tablet already fitted in it so you just insert the plunger and job done.the estriol cream is so messy and seems to glob out the whole day,if you work or travel it's just easier and you wouldn't lose so much iof the product with the leakage.i have tried both.
That's a very common problem with samples at gps as the nurse told me they keep all the samples till they have a decent amount to go to labs at the end of the day so there's bound to be a few casualties.hope this helps ladies.x

Katejo

« Reply #69 on: April 10, 2018, 01:41:09 PM »

For sidse try some redbush vanilla tea from tetley,around £2-50 for a box in Asda,it's really pleasant to drink and it has no caffeine at all ,it's actually a herb not a tea,one if the other ladies I recommended it to is now sleeping like a baby and I'm so pleased it's helped her.i now get a good 7 hours nightly.
Katejo the advantage is Vagifem is so much easier to use it comes in its own individual wrapper with the tablet already fitted in it so you just insert the plunger and job done.the estriol cream is so messy and seems to glob out the whole day,if you work or travel it's just easier and you wouldn't lose so much iof the product with the leakage.i have tried both.
That's a very common problem with samples at gps as the nurse told me they keep all the samples till they have a decent amount to go to labs at the end of the day so there's bound to be a few casualties.hope this helps ladies.x
Yes I agree that the Estriol is messy!  I handed my previous sample in at the very end of the day to be kept in the fridge overnight. I did try Redbush tea some time ago but wasn't keen on it.

CLKD

« Reply #70 on: April 10, 2018, 01:45:05 PM »

The NHS come up with weird and wonderful excuses  >:(.  Probably the container got damp in the fridge over-night so the label peeled off, why not have proper labels?

Daisydot

« Reply #71 on: April 10, 2018, 01:48:00 PM »

As I said katejo it's very common so i wouldn't be unduly worried they'd soon call you in if there were any issues.

Daisydot

« Reply #72 on: April 10, 2018, 01:50:06 PM »

Sidse have you tried organic coconut oil smeared downstairs it's antibacterial so it's very good for a multitude of things buy a small blue jar from Holland and barrat for £2 it's not expensive and last ages.

Katejo

« Reply #73 on: April 10, 2018, 01:55:32 PM »

As I said katejo it's very common so i wouldn't be unduly worried they'd soon call you in if there were any issues.
OK. I was half joking about the bad news. I haven't had a lost label before.

CLKD

« Reply #74 on: April 10, 2018, 02:18:55 PM »

Oh I have ..... as well as the sample not being delivered to the Lab. on time when the GP took a batch himself  ::).  They work 9-5 after all so not every sample can go through the system and if the Hospital is making demands on equipment? 
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 10