Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Not a Forum member? You can still subscribe to our Free Newsletter

media

Author Topic: Everol Conti - anxiety & depression becoming unbearable  (Read 1487 times)

Mustard1

Everol Conti - anxiety & depression becoming unbearable
« on: April 24, 2018, 10:14:26 AM »

My first 4 weeks on Everol Conti saw a good improvement - week 5 begin to decline and am now in Week 6 and it is a living hell swinging between anxiety and depression. I have got menopause doctor tomorrow and wS interested if anyone else has experienced thus with this HRT .  Some of the knowledgeable ladies on this site believe it is progesterone inthis case noriestertone .  If anyone has experienced please let me know.  Going mad.  Xx

Tiddles

Re: Everol Conti - anxiety & depression becoming unbearable
« Reply #1 on: April 24, 2018, 12:12:30 PM »

Hi Mustard1

I'm new and also not very knowledgable and hopefully some of the ladies who are will reply to you before your appointment.

I am on sequi tablets, not conti but the advice those ladies have given me on here is that noriestertone is one of the most difficult kinds of progesterone to tolerate and that I should try Femoston 1/10 tablets instead.  I start the femostone tomorrow so have no feedback to give you. Hope things improve x

warwick01

« Reply #2 on: April 24, 2018, 01:32:36 PM »

Hi Mustard

Everol conti has the same affect on me. When I started them I was ok for a couple of weeks relived hot flushes immediately. However anxiety was off the scale...... had to come off them. I found the best conti HRT to be Angeliq.

Wx

Mustard1

« Reply #3 on: April 24, 2018, 02:24:51 PM »

Thank you Tiddles and Warwick- I am also new to the site and the knowledgeable ladies have mentioned the issues with progesterone.  Hopefully tomorrow I will have some clarity and possible different HRT - I will ask about Angeliq.  I will update you on how I hit on.  Hugs and kisses to you both

Mustard1

« Reply #4 on: April 24, 2018, 02:58:28 PM »

One thing I forgot to mention is that since this started again I am hot - not flushes but general body temperature - as a rule I am cold but my temperature is in the normal range but fluctuating between 35.2 and 36.9 - with most heat sensation in my face???? Any ideas?

warwick01

« Reply #5 on: April 24, 2018, 04:35:55 PM »

Hi Mustard

That could be the northisterone. I have find with anxiety I get red flushed face. I'm ok with northisterone for 7 days which I use every 6 weeks now to bring on a period. I also use 2 pumps of oestrogel 1 pump morning, 1 pump eve. All ok at the mo, but things may change. I would have continued with Angeliq as I liked it only after 10 months I developed headache which woke me during the night.

Good luck tomorrow Wx

Mustard1

« Reply #6 on: April 28, 2018, 11:03:32 AM »

I thought I would give an update - my lovely menopause doctor explained that on the Everol Conti patch I was actually getting less oestrogen than when on the Kliofem.  So she has now given my Estrogel and I use 1 pump per day but remain on the patches.  This regime started on Wednesday and at the moment it would appear that the anxiety as lessened - however, I know that we are all on a roller coaster.  This morning I felt a bit depressed but not nearly as depressed as I would feel when the depression came after the anxiety.  I will keep everyone updated.  THANK YOU ALL FOR YOUR REPLIES LAST WEEK when I was ready to jump in front of a bus.  The doctor has said that I may also need testosterone but to see how I get on with this regime before considering testosterone.