Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Menopause Matters magazine ISSUE 75 out now. (Spring issue, March 2024)

media

Author Topic: Changing back to sequential hrt.  (Read 2239 times)

suziq99

• GBX Marine
Changing back to sequential hrt.
« on: March 26, 2018, 06:25:47 PM »

I thought I'd start a new thread on this as there ' appears' to be very little on the subject. I have done a search here & only found the odd mention.
Having trialed two types of continuous hrt, Climodien & Activelle originally on the advise of my Gyne.  I am now going to change to a sequential as in Climen. Taking into account Hurditys comments on the potential problems with conti, now my own experience & obviously the further advise of my Gyne, I'm hoping this will stop the horrendous bloating & weight gain. It's not a little thing, I'm seriously uncomfortable with it.
I have taken this a few years before when still having regular periods soley to resolve flooding & had no bad side effects, here's hoping second time as lucky.
« Last Edit: March 26, 2018, 06:27:47 PM by suziq99 »

Hurdity

Re: Changing back to sequential hrt.
« Reply #1 on: March 27, 2018, 10:12:51 PM »

Good luck with this suziq99 - and do let us know if it works for you - and you eventually feel more comfortable :)

Hurdity x

Lanzalover

« Reply #2 on: March 28, 2018, 05:33:58 AM »

Hi suziq99

I changed from conti to sequential very successfully for the reasons you have stated plus I just couldn't get on with continuous Utrogestan either vaginaly or orally.

I now use gel (Estrodil not Oestrodose) plus Provera the only thing I did notice was if I took the Provera just before going to bed it sometimes gave me strange dreams so I now take them with my dinner at night when I rember  ;D .

Hoping things work out well for you do let us know how you get on.

Lanzalover x

suziq99

• GBX Marine
« Reply #3 on: March 28, 2018, 10:11:04 AM »

Thanks I got everything crossed.    :D

I did forget to ask her how to change over 😣 but having thought about it I guess it's not going to make much difference if I start on the estrogen straight away or have 7 days off everything. Either way there is going to be a prog drop & possible bleed.
Would you agree ?
« Last Edit: March 28, 2018, 10:17:48 AM by suziq99 »

Lanzalover

« Reply #4 on: March 30, 2018, 05:11:34 AM »

Sorry suziq I missed this as I've been a bit busy over the last few days.

I just took the patch off and applied the gel (my earlier post should have said Estrogel not Estrodil) then added in the Provera later no bleeding until the course of Provera had finished.
I assume this was because the continuous prog had kept my womb lining thin,so I don't think you will get a bleed but if you do I wouldn't worry to much I'm sure it will settle in a couple of months.

Good luck

Lanzalover x

suziq99

• GBX Marine
« Reply #5 on: March 30, 2018, 07:00:35 PM »

I'm on tablets, decided to just take the first estrogen the next day. So far so good. Thanks for the reply xx