Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Not a Forum member? You can still subscribe to our Free Newsletter

media

Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: Second menopause?  (Read 3946 times)

rosie17

Re: Second menopause?
« Reply #15 on: March 29, 2018, 09:26:22 PM »

I do have a technical question, though, if anyone's still lurking here. How can I be notified when someone answers a post?

Annie0710

« Reply #16 on: March 29, 2018, 09:45:40 PM »

THeres a ‘notify' button underneath yours or the latest post and if you press on that you are emailed when someone replies x

Daisydot

« Reply #17 on: March 29, 2018, 10:28:16 PM »

Ahh on the blue line I didn't know that either Annie thank you xx

rosie17

« Reply #18 on: March 29, 2018, 10:45:00 PM »

Thank you, Annie!

Annie0710

« Reply #19 on: March 30, 2018, 08:28:34 AM »

You're welcome ladies x

Hurdity

« Reply #20 on: March 30, 2018, 02:35:16 PM »

rosie17 - thanks for the link to that article. Yes interesting - but very out of date and there has been so much research since then - not least the damaging WHI study which led to many women stopping HRT, but since then all the guidelines from BMS ( the Menopause not the Medical society) and the published papers and Guidelines I linked to. However the final paragraph of the paper still stands (although the research which showed that women commencing oral HRT in particular when over 60 and beyond or a long time from menopause could place them at greater risk of stroke and cardio-vascular problems had not been published):

"However, the opportunity for a second discussion about HRT may arise again in the seventh decade or beyond, and is often triggered by an adverse health event in the woman or someone close to her. The latter opportunity should not be overlooked, as it provides a chance to re-evaluate various lifestyle factors, concomitant medication use, musculoskeletal health, cardiac health, and urogenital/sexual health."

I don't get (nor seek) notifications for anything - would result in too many e-mails! I just come on here when I have time and probably miss loads of stuff but hey!

Hurdity x

Dorothy

« Reply #21 on: March 30, 2018, 02:58:26 PM »

This might sound a bit odd, but it might be worth looking at how your symptoms fluctuate in relation to the cycles of nature as well.  It took me years to work out that I always had sleepless nights and felt 'buzzy' and hyper-alert during a full moon.  It has nothing to do with the light as I get it even sleeping in a room with blackout curtains.  Some nights, it's only when I get out to use the loo at 2am and see the moonlight in the hallway that I realise it is a full moon.  If you are being affected by lunar/tidal patterns or something similar, I'm not sure what you could do to help the symptoms, but maybe knowing why would be a start. 

rosie17

« Reply #22 on: March 30, 2018, 04:49:49 PM »

Yes, Hurdity, I realize the article is very old...I think I grabbed onto the part you highlighted and it gave me hope. I've only been offered antidepressants for menopausal symptoms by doctors until I started seeing a naturopath, who is very open-minded. the last time I saw a 'real' doctor, I told her that medicine/science has been able to keep people alive for decades longer than they used to, but they have no solution for the sh*tty quality of life a lot of people endure. She said she hears that all day long, then offered a prescription for antidepressants. I guess aging keeps the drug companies in business. My husband's testosterone is suboptimal (he's 66), but his doctor told him that testosterone replacement causes prostate cancer. Why didn't he have prostate cancer when he was 18 then? And why don't we women get cancer when we have hormones surging through our bodies? Bitch, bitch, bitch! Sorry for the rant.

And Dorothy, your idea doesn't sound odd to me at all. In fact, a few years ago I wondered the same thing. I had so many questions during perimenopause and they've all popped up again recently. Am I being affected by phases of the moon? Does my Rh-negative blood have anything to do with this? Or am I just going crazy? I'm going to keep track of the moon and see what I find out. Then I'll know when to hide under the bed with a flashlight!

Thank you all for your help - it's so nice to have a place to vent! I don't feel so alone.
Pages: 1 [2]