Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Follow us on Twitter and Facebook

media

Author Topic: Could increased ostrogen cause waking/sleeplessness?  (Read 2100 times)

Noheroicsplease

Could increased ostrogen cause waking/sleeplessness?
« on: March 28, 2018, 06:14:17 AM »

I've increased estrogel from around 1 pump to 4, with a brief flirtation with 50 Evorel patches in between.

My sleeping since peri has never been great but I'm currently waking for about 2 hours a night.

Could it be the estrogel? I do 2 x pumps in the morning, 2 x before I go to bed.

I feel better mood wise with more estrogel but can't cope with such bad sleep, so another bleak cycle begins...

LucyLoo

Re: Could increased ostrogen cause waking/sleeplessness?
« Reply #1 on: March 28, 2018, 12:52:11 PM »

Hi Noheroicsplease, sorry to hear your sleep is so bad, that sounds awful :(. I also use 4 pumps of oestrogel but put all 4 on in the morning (2 on upper arms, 2 on inner thighs). My sleep is OK so perhaps it's worth a go to avoid the uplifting effect of oestrogen before bed? I'm taking oestrogel for severe PMS rather than physical menopause symptoms like hot flushes though x

Noheroicsplease

« Reply #2 on: March 28, 2018, 01:04:43 PM »

I might try that LL tomorrow...but it's such a pallaver sitting there, waiting for it to dry. How long do you leave it?

LucyLoo

« Reply #3 on: March 28, 2018, 01:12:01 PM »

I'm with you there NHP! It usually takes 10-15 mins for it to dry on me - a bit quicker on the arms than the thighs I find. I've built it into my morning routine and put my makeup on whilst stood in my underwear waiting for it to dry! I then put my dressing gown on for a bit whilst getting kids ready as my inner thighs stay sticky for longer  ::)! I asked Dr Savvas at my recent 3 month review about changing to the patch (to avoid the palava!) but he recommended sticking to the gel x

Dotty

« Reply #4 on: March 28, 2018, 01:15:36 PM »

I put 4 pumps on in the morning and put 2 on each arm / shoulder. I find it dries very quickly . Didn't like it on my thighs as it felt sticky.

GypsyRoseLee

« Reply #5 on: March 28, 2018, 06:11:06 PM »

I'm on 4 pumps. I apply 2 pumps to both upper arms and it absorbs within a minute or two.

LucyLoo

« Reply #6 on: March 28, 2018, 07:02:18 PM »

Dotty and GRL - do you rub it in? I kind of smear it on and then wait for it to dry - perhaps that's why it's taking longer to dry for me and Noheroicsplease?

Dotty

« Reply #7 on: March 28, 2018, 07:21:28 PM »

I just smear it on. I don't rub it in.

Joaniepat

« Reply #8 on: March 28, 2018, 07:41:56 PM »

I use three pumps of Oestrogel, one on each inner thigh and one on an outer thigh.  I smear it on and allow 10 minutes for it to dry, which it does. Do you have room on your thighs to spread it a little more thinly? For me, on the leg that gets the two dollops, it covers the whole thigh all the way round. I have occasionally used it on arms and find it dries quicker there, perhaps my arms run hotter than my legs! I do all mine in the morning and have no problem with sleeping.
JP x

Daisydot

« Reply #9 on: March 28, 2018, 07:47:30 PM »

I've been using one morning and one evening on inner thighs,I do rub it in and it dries in around a minute or so.I think I may switch to 2 in the morning after reading your advice as I am nit going to sleep till late now and lying in too late in mornings,I feel hyper after 10pm till about 12-30 1am so thinking now that's why, I'm using the gel too late,thanks ladies xx

Noheroicsplease

« Reply #10 on: March 29, 2018, 08:22:52 AM »

Well, I didn't do the gel last night and I pretty much slept through! Woo hoo!

It did help that I was squirrelled away in a pitch black attic bed away from my SNORING HUSBAND.

But I think Daisy is right, it makes me hyper. I fall asleep but it pings me awake