Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Mobile version of the Forum Click here

media

Author Topic: Dry skin on face, any recommendations?  (Read 2138 times)

jeom71

Dry skin on face, any recommendations?
« on: March 24, 2018, 02:48:00 PM »

Probably part of my menopausal symptoms but not eased by HRT, yet at least.

Does anyone have any recommendations of creams or whatever else that helps?

It looks at its worst when I have just bathed, the skin comes off and I have lots of tiny open bloody spots, sore and ugly!!  :(

Dierdre

Re: Dry skin on face, any recommendations?
« Reply #1 on: March 24, 2018, 03:05:59 PM »

You could try antiseptic cream like Germolene but if that don't work go to the doctor's, it may be infected if bleeding.

Taz2

« Reply #2 on: March 24, 2018, 04:52:28 PM »

Are you developing Rosacea jeom71? https://www.nhs.uk/conditions/rosacea/symptoms/. Mine started much as you describe. HRT made no difference but there are treatments you can have. I would advise getting it diagnosed as quickly as possible rather than to let it develop further.

Taz x

Dancinggirl

« Reply #3 on: March 24, 2018, 05:47:37 PM »

Thecskin really changes when meno hits. Far more fragile and Ive found my skin started to react badly to many face creams.
I have always found my skin is at its worst by this time of year - cold winds, central heating etc really draw any moisture out of the skin so spots don't heal well and skin flakes.
There are some good creams out there and it might be an idea to head for the cosmetic counters in a big store and ask for samples to see which one suits your skin.
I now use the Clinique Smart creams - both the day and the night versions and my skin has been much improved. Spots heal quickly and these creams give a lovely healthy glow - I now get complements about my complexion!!! The day cream really gives a barrier against the dehydrating effects of central heating and those bitter winds we've had this winter.
Though expensive, a little goes a long way so I find they last longer than the popular boots face creams.
There are different Smart creams depending on your skin type. You do need to use the Dramatically Different moisturiser underneath as a base, which is lovely in its own.
DG x

jeom71

« Reply #4 on: March 26, 2018, 09:14:47 AM »

Thank you all, it's not infected but extremely dry. It is redder and thicker. You know when you see pictures of extremely dry sand how it breaks up, the top skin rather looks like that and is so dry I can peel it off :/ I never had problems with my skin before but now I have open pores around my nose, a few blackheads over the bridge of the nose and the dry patches are mainly on my forehead and jawline and chin, plus around the sides of my face. Well, and on my cheeks. Where the skin peels off it bleeds underneath. My hair is lots thinner too, from the front I can see the skin for quite a way. My hair sill grows (lots of root growth) but is so dry it doesnt lengthen literally just breaks. I used to be able to sit on it, now it's barely at my shoulders :(

I will try the clinique, that sounds really nice thank you :)

Daisydot

« Reply #5 on: March 26, 2018, 09:21:00 AM »

Hi Jeom71 I find that any type of serum works best for older skin especially the no7 serum.If your very sensitive you could also try the simple skin range.i get the most dredful sunburn effect with most face creams but find that the serum is more suited to my fragile skin.for you4 hair I would suggest massaging through some organic coconut oil and wrap in a warm towel for 20 mins before rinsing off that will help to nourish your scalp and reduce the dryness.good luck xx

jeom71

« Reply #6 on: March 27, 2018, 10:40:14 AM »

Hi Jeom71 I find that any type of serum works best for older skin especially the no7 serum.If your very sensitive you could also try the simple skin range.i get the most dredful sunburn effect with most face creams but find that the serum is more suited to my fragile skin.for you4 hair I would suggest massaging through some organic coconut oil and wrap in a warm towel for 20 mins before rinsing off that will help to nourish your scalp and reduce the dryness.good luck xx

Thank you I will try the coconut oil too!

Poppi

« Reply #7 on: April 03, 2018, 03:17:04 PM »

Hi Jeom
I know EXACTLY what you're going through, that was me I Feb/March. For me Clarins has saved my skin! I've spoken to 2 lovely ladies (well, girlies!) and been given loads of samples. I contacted Clarins online, bought their recommendations and spent enough for free P+P and more samples! The double serum is fabulous.
Happy shopping

Poppi x