Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Please have a look at the questionnaire page if you have a spare minute.

media

Author Topic: Anyone suffer from PLE  (Read 1817 times)

Lanzalover

Anyone suffer from PLE
« on: March 11, 2018, 11:38:07 PM »

I only started suffering from this peri menopause and did read it is sometimes associated with low oestrogen levels since being on HRT I have only suffered occasionally and not as bad as it was.
This time however it is really bad probably my own fault as for the last few years we haven't really spent any time on the beach but last week we did have a day on the beach which I really enjoyed but I'm paying for it now.If anyone has any advice/tips on how to stop the itching I would be really grateful.

Lanzalover

Woodlands

Re: Anyone suffer from PLE
« Reply #1 on: March 11, 2018, 11:59:46 PM »

Hi there.
Early on in peri I had the most incredibly itchy legs, horrendous, down both shins especially and I would scratch for hours .
Lots less now
Big hugs Woodlands xx

Daisydot

« Reply #2 on: March 12, 2018, 12:01:29 AM »

What about some organic coconut oil LL. you can buy small tubs from Holland and barrat for £2. It's a blue jar.I use it for loads of things and when I last had a bad reaction with pus filled spots on inner thigh from sun exposure it was the only thing that cleared it up after weeks of trying the usual stuff.hope you clear it it must be irritating.xx

Lanzalover

« Reply #3 on: March 13, 2018, 08:26:39 PM »

Thanks girls

Lanzalover x

margaret

« Reply #4 on: March 25, 2018, 07:40:50 AM »

Try Childs Farm Moisturiser, you can buy it in Boots the baby section or Asda it's supposed to be fantastic x

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
« Reply #5 on: March 25, 2018, 03:55:50 PM »

What's PLE?  :-\

Daisydot

« Reply #6 on: March 25, 2018, 09:34:12 PM »

Sun allergy x

ariadne

« Reply #7 on: March 27, 2018, 07:50:05 PM »

I still can't decide if I suffer from ****ly heat or PLE but I get the rash of lumps mostly in spring on first exposure to sun. I can't say they are terribly itchy, except on the thin skin on my chest,  but they are uncomfortable. If we've not had much sun here before we go to Spain in June/July,  I will definitely suffer. I get it mostly on my chest above my breasts up to my neck, and on the backs of my legs. It is aggravated by physical activity for example, if we go for a long walk in the sun, I will definitely get the rash on the backs of my legs.

I've tried all sorts but currently this is what helps me when in Spain:

Never sunbathe or go for a walk in the mid day sun

Use antiseptic soap- because I read that bacteria on the skin increases the likelihood of the rash appearing

Shower in cool water immediately after sunbathing or walking in the sun (using the antiseptic soap)

Pack some linen trousers and a floaty high neck long sleeve top/shirt to cover up if the rash becomes embarrassing.

A one a day capsule containing polypodium leucotomos. I take one every day for the duration of the holiday. I won't say the name of the one I buy for fear of advertising it. These have really helped reduce the severity of my sensitivity.

Athletes Foot powder helps to reduce the rash (cancels out your tan though 😂)

If the rash comes up really bad on my legs I rest them up on a table on top of hot water bottles that I've put in the freezer. (Very inventive don't you think  😉) That reduces the rash quite well.

A steroid cream to use on any patches of rash that become sore

I wish I could get some steroid tablets as these do get rid of and prevent the return of the rash. My husband had been prescribed some once and in desperation one year, and after googling, I tried them and they worked a treat. I did ask my GP if I could have some just for my 2 week holiday but she refused.

Ariadne xx