Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Follow us on Twitter and Facebook

media

Author Topic: Changing HRT - advice gratefully received  (Read 713 times)

heidif67

Changing HRT - advice gratefully received
« on: March 08, 2018, 02:06:21 PM »

After struggling with prog intolerance on tablets (Elleste Duet / Femoston) AND patches (Evorel Sequi) in the form of horrendously attractive acne-type pustules on my face and chest & persistent lower backache for which I have had to take painkillers (it has to be bad for me to do that), I have battled with my GP to prescribe Utrogestan for me.  She was incredibly reluctant as she had never heard of it, but I fought my corner, bombarded her with information and she finally capitulated! :

My question is this...
I am currently on Evorel Sequi and have 2 more oestrogen patches to go before starting the oestrogen/prog patches.  Do I use both oestrogen patches then take the Utrogestan tablets (this is what I am guessing as that will take me to day 15)?  There was no point asking my GP as I'm not convinced she could be trusted to sit the right way round on the loo ;)

Thanks ever so... Heidi

Dancinggirl

Re: Changing HRT - advice gratefully received
« Reply #1 on: March 08, 2018, 02:19:51 PM »

Did the GP give you a prescription for oestrogen only patches and the Utrogestan? You will need to take the Utrogestan with oestrogen patches at the same time. So, your use the oestrogen only patches all the time and you will do 16 days of oestrogen only and then add in the Utrogestan for 12 days before returning to oestrogen alone. Do not use the combined Evoral sequi patches with progesterone together the Utrogestan, as this will be an overload of progesterone.  DG x

heidif67

Re: Changing HRT - advice gratefully received
« Reply #2 on: March 08, 2018, 05:09:48 PM »

Sorry... Didn't make myself clear (not for the first time). 

New prescription is for Elleste oestrogen-only tablet + Utrogestan. 

I've done a bit more reading and figured it out!  :) x